Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Dublin - any rat runs sneaky ways

Options
  • 16-05-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Basically I was wondering will anyone tell me of any sneaky ways, rat runs etc they know for driving to Dublin, i.e Donnybrook.

I know one can turn off the N11 at Stillorgan and drive up past the Stillorgan shopping centre and appear out at Oaklands school. Are there any other ways, perhaps stay on the M50 and come off at the turn for Sandyford.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

FirstIn wrote:
    Basically I was wondering will anyone tell me of any sneaky ways, rat runs etc they know for driving to Dublin, i.e Donnybrook.

I know one can turn off the N11 at Stillorgan and drive up past the Stillorgan shopping centre and appear out at Oaklands school. Are there any other ways, perhaps stay on the M50 and come off at the turn for Sandyford.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
    Turn off M50 at sandyford, go through junction for industrial estate, second right onto kilmacud road, third left onto trees road, down to tjunction and left onto roebuck road, onto n11 from there.
    Alternatively off m50 at sandyford, keep going straight, thru clonskeagh, take the right turn onto marlbourough road before ranelagh, which will take you to donnybrook. - traffic on clonskeagh road in the morning can be brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭mmalaka

Turn off M50 at Leopardstown and drive through westwood club, when u exit westwood turn left and from the roundabout take the last exit to go to N11; before the N11 traffic light take left and keep driving until the end of the road; take left u will be in stillorgan shopping center

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

daveco23 wrote:
    Turn off M50 at sandyford, go through junction for industrial estate, second right onto kilmacud road, third left onto trees road, down to tjunction and left onto roebuck road, onto n11 from there.
    Alternatively off m50 at sandyford, keep going straight, thru clonskeagh, take the right turn onto marlbourough road before ranelagh, which will take you to donnybrook. - traffic on clonskeagh road in the morning can be brutal

That's pretty much the the route I take, only I keep going till just the right turn that brings you out at the bus depot in Donnybrook. I left late this morning (7:40 or so) , and it took 2 hours to get in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Some good ideas lads, I'll try them out during the week and report back.

Advertisement