Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE debate between leaders of the smaller parties

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Gerry's out of his depth. McDowell looks like he is about to cry. Menopausal Paris Hilton FTW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

lol, can't believe Pat said that :D

McDowell is throwing punches in every direction, fair play. I suppose he's the only representative for the government there.

uh-oh, McDowell bringing up Gerry in the provos.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

McDowell has Adams where he wants him now 'narco terrorist' He is putting him to the sword here:D If only this went on longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I was wondering how long it would be until he brought up the Army Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

DMC wrote:
    Mark Little is a lightweight.

Mark Little couldn't chair a debate between a bunch of primary school who all agree with each other.

Trevor Sargent is being a muppet. Interrupting constantly just looks childish. He's out of his depth here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Trouble

McDowell is not winning, he is ducking every issue and his only answer seems to be - some people in Ireland have more money as a result of the celtic tiger, nothing about how he would improve social justice, he is flailing out there. His attack on Adams about FARC is classic McDowell... throw out an unprovable accusation, muddy the waters. Roll on next Friday, can't wait to watch him become an irrelevance.

Sargent backing up Gerry Adams on his point about drugs.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Sajan

Rabitte and Sargent the only ones who haven't been made to look like eejits. Pat Rabitte is a good politician. Great talker. Notice how no one really talks over him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

darkman2 wrote:
    McDowell has Adams where he wants him now 'narco terrorist' He is putting him to the sword here:D If only this went on longer.

Never seen Gerry either out of his depth or put to the sword before and it certainly ain't happening tonight....

• Advertisement

Trouble wrote:
    McDowell is not winning, he is ducking every issue and his only answer seems to be - some people in Ireland have more money as a result of the celtic tiger, nothing about how he would improve social justice, he is flailing out there. His attack on Adams about FARC is classic McDowell... throw out an unprovable accusation, muddy the waters. Roll on next Friday, can't wait to watch him become an irrelevance.

You think he'll be quiet if he's in opposition? :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Trouble wrote:
    Never seen Gerry either out of his depth or put to the sword before and it certainly ain't happening tonight....

Is that a joke. He has not got a clue about this jurisdiction.

Rabbite saying nothing has seen him come across ok but McDowell has won IMO.

nesf wrote:
    You think he'll be quiet if he's in opposition? :)

I certainly hope not. It'd be pure bliss to see him shouting from the sidelines for 5 years and not able to do anything about it. Ideally his constituents would give him one of those long breaks Rabbite spoke about a few weeks back, but hey, I won't be greedy.

Immigrants have rights too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36,351 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well tbh - I thought McDowell going for Adams on that one smacked of a bit of desperation. He was attacked on a weak point for the Goverment and used his own subject changer to avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

it's getting heated now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Workers rights! that'll sort out the immigrant issue.

FFS would Gerry Adams shut the f*ck up about rights? There are "legislative workers' rights".

Sargent just offloaded the notes from his hand....

• Advertisement

Oh shut up with the emotive crap Gerry. Filthy politics. Suicide is not a discussion for a heated debate.

daveirl wrote:

That's basically the way I saw it too, although Sargent's last outbreak against the PD's was a terrible move on his part.

I would have loved to see John Gormley there tonight instead of Trevor. Would have been quite animated :D

darkman2 wrote:
    Is that a joke. He has not got a clue about this jurisdiction.

Depends on your point of view I guess... If you agree with McDowell and his fertile imagination then you won't like Adams and vice versa. But to say Adams doesn't have a clue about whats going on in the south.... He's come out on all the touchstone issues that people are angry with the government about. McDowell says on the one hand that inequality is a good thing, then on the other says he will end crime. Mutually incompatible and arrant nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭punka

I just lost the online feed, if that's what you mean brianthebard - can't seem to get it back...

edit: it just came back. weird.

Is it over? It just stopped on me. :eek:

DaveMcG wrote:
    I would have loved to see John Gormley there tonight instead of Trevor. Would have been quite animated :D

And tomorrow night we'll be wishing Richard Bruton was there instead of Enda. :p

• Advertisement

Advertisement