Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE debate between leaders of the smaller parties

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

Hey nesf don't do that(commenting on spelling etc) here,the rest of them will start at it and I'll have to start banning and stuff.
    I hate banning people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭yomchi

not so much a gem but predictable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

daveirl wrote:

It was the government you tosser. The PD's are so right wing they left Hitler behind 5 miles ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭RalphCifaretto

Adams had a bad day, even so he was nowhere near as bad as Seargant. He is completely out of his depth and I'm shocked he isn't being slated.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭ateam

Morgans wrote:
    I didnt think McDowell did well tonight. Harney would have been better in tempting swing voters. Only good thing he does is stick it to Sinn Fein like no one else. Then again, whether, as Minister of Justice, with privileged and possibly confidential information, do this is open to debate. I like it.

Adams was awful. Rabbitte was best, McDowell, beligerant and more than ever I think the Greens are going to be the success story of this election. I'd love em, only that I dont believe the global warming scaremongering....

McDowell far too interesting in personal attacks to gain swing votes, IMO.

His personal attacks were appropiate in showing the hypocrisy of his opponents.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hey nesf don't do that(commenting on spelling etc) here,the rest of them will start at it and I'll have to start banning and stuff.
    I hate banning people

No problem, I'll behave.
    Spelling is irrelevant you are doing what McDowell was doing tonight focusing on pointless detail while ducking and missing the point

Eh, so you not explaining why the PDs are responsible for legal loopholes isn't ducking and missing the point? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

daveirl wrote:
    exactly. the government can't intervene in judicial matters what with the seperation of powers and all that.

daveirl wrote:
    or maybe because the majority of people on here are pro alternative and are subjective? i think most ff/pd supporters will think mcdowell was the best. i may stand corrected.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Rock Climber

It was the government you tosser. The PD's are so right wing they left Hitler behind 5 miles ago.
    Banned for 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

By the way, the notes scribbled on the palm of Seargant's hand illustrate just how pathetic the man is.

I don't see the difference between reading notes off your hand and reading your speech off an autocue to be honest (which all 4 did by the way, operated by Paul McGuinness as it happens - poor Paul must be short of a few bob to have to moonlight in RTE). Additional notes written on the hand save paper and therefore the environment - maybe it's a Green thing ...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Banned for a week for that little outburst, keep it civil guys unlike Michael McDowell we don't allow personal insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

cm2000 wrote:
    or maybe because the majority of people on here are pro alternative and are subjective? i think most ff/pd supporters will think mcdowell was the best. i may stand corrected.

I disagree, there are a lot of FF supporters that can't stand the PDs but you are right, any left wing or alternative supporter is going to dislike any words coming out of McDowell's mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

hughchal wrote:
    I don't see the difference between reading notes off your hand and reading your speech off an autocue to be honest (which all 4 did by the way, operated by Paul McGuinness as it happens - poor Paul must be short of a few bob to have to moonlight in RTE). Additional notes written on the hand save paper and therefore the environment - maybe it's a Green thing ...

:D

Oh roffles-"green party announce new strategy to combat waste-hand writing!"

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

daveirl wrote:

See look at what his bad example does, he abuses his position I abuse mine.

Feck it Rock Climber is making me look soft on crime now :P

nesf wrote:
    I disagree, there are a lot of FF supporters that can't stand the PDs but you are right, any left wing or alternative supporter is going to dislike any words coming out of McDowell's mouth.
    ok but find one pd supporter who thinks rabbitte won and i'll conceed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭30txsbzmcu2k9w

Rabitte was winner in my view.Good head on his shoulders, concise in his points.

Mcdowell was revolting as usual- typical yuppie pleasing ****e talk , bang out of order (and out of context) with some of the digs he was throwing.

Sargeant messed up big time with the notes on hand

Adams was lost.Quite frankly has'nt a clue of whats going on here.Dont think he mentioned any figures/statistics.

Oh roffles-"green party announce new strategy to combat waste-hand writing!"

I hope this strategy doesn't included jacks paper!

• Advertisement

Adams was lost.Quite frankly has'nt a clue of whats going on here.Dont think he mentioned any figures/statistics.

He had one about the medical cards for all children until the age of 18 and raising the top end tax by one percent.

daveirl wrote:

dont do it Dave!! anyone but them :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

cm2000 wrote:
    ok but find one pd supporter who thinks rabbitte won and i'll conceed
    post number 91 in this thread ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Sargent was ****. just kept biting away at mcdowell

daveirl wrote:
    hmm don't think so the begrudging vote isn't enough

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

daveirl wrote:

You've got to be kidding Dave, all that Creatine is pulping your brain. I don't think he swung anyone (and he's my PD representative) except himself in his last death rattle as an outgoing minister. Back to the Law Library for him to represent some of the miscreants he's failed to put in jail, maybe he could sort out a few plasma TVs here and there for the longer-stay guests of the nation. Himself and fellow D6-er Lizzie O'D are looking shaky. As for Minnesota Slim ...

Jon wrote:
    I hope this strategy doesn't included jacks paper!

Nah they'll put a little bin in the corner to put the paper which can be reused by the next person.:D *shudders*

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote:
    post number 91 in this thread ;)
    is he a pd supporter?if so i stand corrected just my own logic-and subjectivity- i suppose

Advertisement