Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License news

Options
  • 16-05-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭

http://www.n4g.com/News-40051.aspx
    According to retail store Game, the next Pro Evo (pro evolution soccer 7) has finally cancelled out Fifa's trump card - Licences.

The store manager showed me the documnet which they recieve to push pre orders, showing information on the biggest games upcoming in 2007.

Among reading through i come to Pro Evo and the following was on there,

All international teams fully licence, F.A premier League licence, German League licence and international cup competitions licenced.

it also stated the its was to be released on Wii, PSP, DS, 360, ps2, PC and PS3. strangely the PS3 version was listed as Pro Evolution Soccer 7 '1st team edition' and had alot more features and modes listed than any other version.

Quick note, there was no Metal gear solid 4 scheduled, HALO 3 was down for September 26th, Heavenly sword was down for Sep 26th.
    Read Full Story >>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Hurray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Julez

Hope its true, will be a hugh boost for Pro Evo!! Maybe the little fifa fanboys will finaly accept its the better game now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭gusto

Julez wrote:
    Hope its true, will be a hugh boost for Pro Evo!! Maybe the little fifa fanboys will finaly accept its the better game now!

Agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Woohoo. One thing that bugged me about PES will be gone, hopefully. Was going nuts with no edit mode on the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

PC is the way forward, editable everything. I have all new consoles and still intend to get 7 on PC so i drag and drop kits,balls,stadiums,faces,boots,playercalls,chants all in proper HD.

Playing in 1920x1080p with all HD kits and logos is stunning.

Great news for the charts.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yeah but I don't have a fast pc, nor do I like having to go into the pc room to play games when I could just as easily play them sitting on my couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Yeah but I don't have a fast pc, nor do I like having to go into the pc room to play games when I could just as easily play them sitting on my couch.

Mr Fancy Pants with his PC room :eek:

My sitting room is my Pc room with Pc hooked up to tv, handy can plug in several ps2 pads for 4 a side without buying multi thingy.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

All international teams fully licence, F.A premier League licence, German League licence and international cup competitions licenced.
    Im still sceptical. What does that mean exactly?

Proper team names, jerseys, crests, etc.. maybe? But not neccesarily player licenses - names, likenesses, etc.. ?

I won't hold my breath just yet :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

God i hope its true though. Pro Evo would be so much better with proper licenses on all teams and will pro evo on the xbox be as good as on the ps3. i wonder, i hope, i doubt

SofaKing wrote:
    But not neccesarily player licenses - names, likenesses, etc.. ?

I won't hold my breath just yet :/

Doesn't Pro Evo already have players names?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Mossy Monk wrote:
    ya it does i dont no wat sofaking is talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Mossy Monk wrote:
    Well, in PES6, most of the popular teams do have correct player's names, yes, except for the following off the top my head (and i'm open to correction on this):

Germany, Wales, N. Ireland, Croatia, Ivory Coast, USA, Colombia, Turkey, Anderlecht, Boca, River, Fenerbache, Sau Paulo

..and i'm pretty sure there's more still.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Skelly-07-

KdjaCL wrote:
    Mr Fancy Pants with his PC room :eek:

My sitting room is my Pc room with Pc hooked up to tv, handy can plug in several ps2 pads for 4 a side without buying multi thingy.

kdjac
    How Do you get ur ps2 pads 2 work 4 pc without buyin the adapter

Where did he say that he didn't use an adapter?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Woohoo good news!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

wba88 wrote:
    Woohoo good news!
    It would be, except for the fact it's not true. They don't have the EPL License, only Tottenham and Newcastle will be licensed teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Shows how wrong you get when you speak too early, this is back in May, how could they possibly think this when its roughly 4-5 months before release? Ignorance isn't the word, but no other one comes to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

*Edit, someone bounced this one up. I posted the other license which said that Spurs and Newcastle were the only licensed teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

What!?! No more Peter Brackley on commentry! And now they have that bloody scouser Mark Lawrenson as co-commentater! My god, that's worse then Trevor Brooking! I loved Peter Brackley as commentater and he's gone, and now they have this twat beside Jon Champion! Ahhrrr!

Too many excalmation marks, I know...

• Advertisement
Advertisement