Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 A Side Football

Options
  • 16-05-2007 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

Myself and some mates used to until recently play 5 a side indoor football (sometimes 6 or 7 a side) in Cabra West but for one reason or another not everybody has been turning up and in recent weeks only 5/6 have turned up and my mate has decided to knock it on the head as it's too expensive to hire the hall with only 5 people, also it's not the same playing with 5/6 people,used to play every Thursday nigh for a good few months, just wondering if anyone knows of any regular 5 a side (indoor or outdoor, somewhere you can get a shower afterwards as well would be nice)teams we could possibly play, pref Northside.

At least 5 of us would be available every Thursday night and seen as the football season has ended more often than not on a Saturday but Thurs preferred but any evening could be considered... cheers.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The astro park in Coolock have a league starting soon I got a leaflet in the door about it.We were going to put a team in but nobody took the ball and ran with it as they say.

I think you can nominate 10/12 players and then anybody from the list can turn up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

I don't know any teams but there is a 5-a-side pitch at Coolmine Sports Complex. I'm sure you could get some info there from the staff...plus Verona FC Sports Hall is a stones throw from Coolmine. Try throwing up some posters on the notice boards you might get a result. (no pun intened :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cheers folks...Dub13 when does that 5 a side thing start is there a website/e-mail or telephone number to contact?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Rang the Astro Park in Coolock there and the man who answered said the league was already underway, but some teams had dropped out and he would get back to me about entering a team so hopefully we'll be able to play.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Hard Larry wrote:
    I don't know any teams but there is a 5-a-side pitch at Coolmine Sports Complex. I'm sure you could get some info there from the staff...plus Verona FC Sports Hall is a stones throw from Coolmine. Try throwing up some posters on the notice boards you might get a result. (no pun intened :D )

Lary do you know of any teams/groups of people that play there casually? or leages where a single player can sign up. I spoke to the staff there today but got no useful info at all. I'm just looking to play some casual 5/7-a-side or whatever football on a regular basis for fun and exercise.

Appreciate any info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Memnoch wrote:
    Lary do you know of any teams/groups of people that play there casually? or leages where a single player can sign up. I spoke to the staff there today but got no useful info at all. I'm just looking to play some casual 5/7-a-side or whatever football on a regular basis for fun and exercise.

Appreciate any info

I don't play it myself I used to when I was younger... a friend of mine in work plays in the ALSAA club and heard him mention they were looking for more players. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see what he says.

As far as I remember him saying new players can just turn up...but I'll confirm this for ya tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Hard Larry wrote:
    I don't play it myself I used to when I was younger... a friend of mine in work plays in the ALSAA club and heard him mention they were looking for more players. I'll talk to him tomorrow and see what he says.

As far as I remember him saying new players can just turn up...but I'll confirm this for ya tomorrow

cheers, where is ALSAA again?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Memnoch wrote:
    cheers, where is ALSAA again?

Its at the Airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Just thought I'd add that Boardeaux train most weekends in the Phoenix Park.

We usually start off with drills and stuff, but we finish off with a nice kick around, usually anywhere from 6-8 a side, depending on numbers.

And just yesterday we had a friendly against a team that another member of Boards is involved with. I wouldn't mind if a few of you wanted to join in with the next friendly between the teams, in about a fortnight.

Unfortunately we are just about halfway through our second season (Astro.ie Summer 11-a-side), so I can't sign up anymore players for the actual competitive matches (the lads have paid up for the season), but I'll probably do a bit of recruitment for the Winter League which will be starting in late August closer to the time, again if anyone is interested, drop me a PM.

Keep an eye on our forum for training meet-ups and friendlies, anyone would be more than welcome.

Advertisement