Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

f3sidesmall.jpg

I took this yesterday while in a 4G inverted dive with an F3.
    Ok so maybe I was just standing on a rock and it flew past me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

f3sidesmall.jpg

I took this yesterday while in a 4G inverted dive with an F3.
    Ok so maybe I was just standing on a rock and it flew past me. :)

Damn, thats a cool pic, and given that the wings are still mostly swept back I'm assuming it was doing a fair speed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

Killinator wrote: »
    Footage of the AN-124 landing yesterday:]

savage vid - when is it due again, love to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

ambasite wrote: »
    Footage of the AN-124 landing yesterday:]

savage vid - when is it due again, love to see it.

The AN124's used to be regular but now a rare sight. Usually just a case of being in the right place at the right time...very ad-hoc into Shannon it is..

ambasite wrote: »

very ad-hoc into Shannon it is..

Thats the way it is with any big jets in Shannon unfortuneately, you never know what you'll see come in or go out

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Should be going to Washington next month for a day or two. Just put in flight duty requests. Want to get to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum beside IAD. WIll provide a lot of links to my pics when I get back.

Have also requested to go to Chicago on the day of the Chicago Air and Water show.

Must keep an eye on the shuttle timetable. May try to get to the Cape before a launch to get pics.

Have jsut become able to request transatlantic flights so am playing with my possible timetable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

Bramble wrote: »
    Should be going to Washington next month for a day or two. Just put in flight duty requests. Want to get to the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum beside IAD. WIll provide a lot of links to my pics when I get back.

Have also requested to go to Chicago on the day of the Chicago Air and Water show.

Must keep an eye on the shuttle timetable. May try to get to the Cape before a launch to get pics.

Have jsut become able to request transatlantic flights so am playing with my possible timetable

I was in Washington last year, got to the Smithsonian on the National Mall (the main public one) but not the other facility at IAD. The IAD one looks absolutely massive, it's beside one of the runway thresholds so you should easily see it on landing.

The Smithsonian on the Mall has an incredible aircraft collection, mainly up to the early '60s, and lots of space stuff - I presume the bigger, more modern stuff is at IAD. If your looking to get pics (and you should!) go early because the place gets busy, and as you're close to the planes it's difficult to get a clear shot.

Reminds me to upload my own shots...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Myself and the missus were out in Ballymun at the weekend having a gawk at where the Ikea shop will be. I knew it was close to the airport but I had no idea it was this close:

3634332338_6193ae8b8e.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liamandagnieszka/3634332338

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭skullzxr

looks cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

skullzxr wrote: »
    looks cool

Thats a Spanish Canadair CL-215T, basically a flying fire engine.

• Advertisement

3634332338_6193ae8b8e.jpg

Great shot of Echo Sierra "Rescue 116".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Steyr wrote: »
    Great shot of Echo Sierra "Rescue 116".

Many thanks Steyr. I was very lucky as it did a circuit of Ballymun and as it was heading back to the airport they passed right over us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

CIMG2983.jpg

CIMG2999.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

Hers are a few of the my better shots from the Paris Air Show on Saturday and from the fantastic CDG Terminal 2E yesterday evening.

Flew Cityjet Air France from SNN-CDG and having not flown with them since 1998 its like flying business class compared with EI/FR with complimentary croisants/roll's and 2 rounds of complimentary drinks and bar on both flights and free newspapers at the boarding gate in CDG for all passengers. The crew on the way over from SNN in particular are a credit to the airline.

Load was about 90% from SNN in economy with only about 3 empty economy seats on the return last night so hopefully WX will stick with the route.

3649581615_5f5aeb220b.jpg?v=0

The French equivalent of the Red Arrows

3649581869_1f5e68c26b.jpg?v=0
    3649582077_de30d137a1.jpg?v=0

3649583431_7976a6833f.jpg?v=0

3649576719_de359995b2.jpg?v=0

3650385056_2f24564110.jpg?v=0
    The view from the Cityjet gate area at CDG 2E.AF 777-300ER F-GZNB at the start of unloading 14 full pallets of cargo.

alpha2zulu wrote: »

3649581869_1f5e68c26b.jpg?v=0

Amazing what a paint job will do, You would expect that it was flying 50 or 60 years ago,
    Nice pics

Amazing what a paint job will do, You would expect that it was flying 50 or 60 years ago,
    Nice pics

Thats the idea behind the paint job its called a "retro jet".:) A few other airlines are into this too.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭fade2che

Thursday at the Paris Airshow.

3650996576_74e4b4c5cb_o.jpg

3650996570_d6cbe46e50_o.jpg

3650996566_a963d0a15c_o.jpg

3650996562_b5ef9029cf_o.jpg

3650192971_aa305f914a_o.jpg

3650192961_7c5710f421_o.jpg

3650192955_3019f6c482_o.jpg

3650192947_13b3caaf75_o.jpg

3650192941_119c8c5f1a_o.jpg

Thats the idea behind the paint job its called a "retro jet".:) A few other airlines are into this too.

Thats the one missing from my collection! Have all the other (current) Europen ones. I really like that livery on a A320. Your mind plays trick sand you think its a different (older) aircraft.

Love the shot of the Arabs in the Rafale cockpit,thats getting worked up up abut getting a new toy. I love the shape of the Rafale fuselage.

Shame AF didn't have their new A380 present,even a flypast would have been good. Am sure its not ready for delivery yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

whats that second pic, the stealthy uav thingy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

skelliser wrote: »
    whats that second pic, the stealthy uav thingy?

It's a French Dassault nEUROn, stealth UCAV.

• Advertisement

Some recent Chinook shots.
    I'll try to stick up some Apache shots later.

chinook1.jpg

chinook2.jpg

chinook3.jpg

chinook4.jpg

chinook5.jpg

chinook6.jpg

chinook7.jpg

Armin, they are brilliant, are they yours? and are you in a hot and dusty Country? Namely a Nation starting with "A" and ending in "STAN":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Some recent Chinook shots.
    I'll try to stick up some Apache shots later.

chinook1.jpg

chinook2.jpg

chinook3.jpg

chinook4.jpg

chinook5.jpg

chinook6.jpg

chinook7.jpg

I'm not seeing any pictures or links, am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

your the only one! lol

Armin, they are brilliant, are they yours? and are you in a hot and dusty Country? Namely a Nation starting with "A" and ending in "STAN":pac:

Thinking the smae thing....what happened to being in the cold wet South Atlantic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

Strange that, on my laptop now and can see then perfectly.:confused: Anyway, very nice pictures from the front. You certainly get around. Thanks for posting.

Hey Steyr, feel free to reuse any of this latest lot that I've posted.

apache1x.jpg

apache2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Nice shots as always Armin, was that SAM thing being fired in anger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/52219/84350.jpg

Just in case you do not know, the AA 777 is in a special livery - From AA - "We're now proud to be the Official Airline of Susan G. Komen for the Cure® and their first-ever Lifetime Promise Partner. In honor of our joint resolve, eight aircraft (a 777, a 757, and six American Eagle Embraer aircraft) will carry a special livery, building awareness globally of our vision of a world without breast cancer."

I am experimenting with photo's. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

pclancy wrote: »
    Nice shots as always Armin, was that SAM thing being fired in anger?

I was just thinking that myself pclancy, what is she seeking?

Advertisement