Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

N7777G wrote: »

Very nice photography N7, what kit are you using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭aircraft tech trng

MHS2.jpg

MHS3.jpg

MHS1.jpg

07062010_016.jpeg

07062010591.jpeg

DSC06760.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

Taken with my phone so quality isn't fantastic but I was pretty happy with myself to get three Q400's into the one shot (if only I didn't have to snap it through a fence :()
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nagsta/4724982521/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

nag wrote: »
    Taken with my phone so quality isn't fantastic but I was pretty happy with myself to get three Q400's into the one shot (if only I didn't have to snap it through a fence :()
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/nagsta/4724982521/

Thats very good quality for a Mobile Phone, thanks for sharing, where was this taken?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

Thanks Steyr. I took it yesterday at Southampton with my N95.

Your very welcome, keep it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Just seen this on Airliners.net...De-icing and some good beacon timing :)

1732616.jpg

The FAA have approved the Terrafugia Transition, a street-legal car that can fold out its wings and turn into an airplane, which will now go into production

SEE ON YOUTUBE

11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Went spotting down at 10 today.

IMG_3075.jpg
    N836MH coming from JFK, flew on her last August from ATL.

IMG_3087.jpg
    One of the highlights, from Oslo.

IMG_3100.jpg
    Off to ATL

IMG_3106.jpg
    Airbus A380 I think, had a look through the binoculars, seems the right shape, size etc.

IMG_3107.jpg
    It was being followed by this A346

IMG_3125.jpg
    CO 126 from EWR over 2 hours late.

IMG_3213.jpg
    IMG_3214.jpg
    The days' highlight. Ferried in from Perpignan in via Dublin for delivery to JetBlue was N527JL (c/n 1557, ex- D-ANNE. It is an ex-Blue Air model. First photo I could see of it wearing new reg too!

IMG_3261.jpg
    Ex-BMED A321 on BD's LHR rotation today.

IMG_3300.jpg
    IMG_3312.jpg
    My baby. Flying on one of these on July 25th

IMG_3423.jpg
    Odd visitor today. Was doing a flight to/from FCO. It pulled up at Pier A (or whatever numbers they are now) and left a while later. There was also a Air One flight scheduled for the same time, both arr. and dep., also to FCO but it was cancelled. Anyone explain this?

• Advertisement

Well what a selection of Shots, welcome to A&A Michael E:)

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Fark.

Not just Concorde then?!

Concorde was a result of metal FOD on the runway being thrown up, this is due to a tyre remold flaw or manufacturer flaw in the tyre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Fascinating tyre failure photos, mate. Scary, but really interesting. I'm really curious about how you can take these photos though - I remember having a lot of grief in the past when I've gone into aircraft maintenance facilities, between baggage checks, metal detectors and explicit warnings not to use cameras...

I assume FOD stands for Foreign Object something? Debris?

Fascinating tyre failure photos, mate. Scary, but really interesting. I'm really curious about how you can take these photos though - I remember having a lot of grief in the past when I've gone into aircraft maintenance facilities, between baggage checks, metal detectors and explicit warnings not to use cameras...

I believe he works there:) And you hit the money, FOD=Foreign Object Debris.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

A small bit of advise. I cant speak for all but Airlines/Maintenance Organisations/Airport Authoritys but the ones I know cameras/camera phones are banned. Yes you may laugh and say a rule impossible to enforce as I thought. More a case of 'when we feel like it , we will enforce it'. An example was when we had a certain incident, major one I may add, at LHR when some lads tooks photos. When they got back to the crew room the airline security waited there and gave them an ultimatum. Surrender your phone or your employment is terminated. Phones were returned with the photo's deleted.
    Passengers are not allowed take photos when for example the Jetty is U/S and Pax stairs has to be used.
    Jobs are few at the moment. Be carefull out there.

The photos were forwarded to me by a pal in JFK. I thought they were 'educational' so decided to share. My mistake. I'll stick to posting pics of take off, taxi and landings in future

That's kinda along the lines that I expected. On one trip to Lufthansa Technik in Hamburg, for example, when I was going there with my luggage as I was flying straight home after finishing off my work, they confiscated my camera from my laptop bag (though I wasn't going to use it at the time, it was left in there as the other bag was chock full) and gave it back to me on the way back out. They asked me to look at my phone to see if it had a camera (which it didn't, at the time) and they confiscated my colleague's phone as it did have one. (I believe they were being extra paranoid as it wasn't that long after 9/11 and the Sultan of Brunei's plane was in for a refit).

Anyway, employers are more aware than ever of electronic media, so it's probably worthwhile being paranoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Foggy43

I am not saying dont show them but just be careful you do not upset any authority doing so.

• Advertisement

Concorde was a result of metal FOD on the runway being thrown up, this is due to a tyre remold flaw or manufacturer flaw in the tyre

Yikes, do airlines use remoulds?? :eek:

Foggy43 wrote: »
    I am not saying dont show them but just be careful you do not upset any authority doing so.

I was in Gatwick last week and of course I had the camera out snapping away and the amount of members of the public who commented "are you allowed take photos?" as they walked by was interesting.
    Its the paranoid world we live in I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

Me and my brother were on an Aer Lingus flight recently, he had a camera bag with DSLR inside, as we walked to the plane(steps not jetway) he happily snapped pictures without a word be said to him, he did this getting on, off, back on and then off again so its probably a Airline to Airline thing,
    Speaking of which must post the pics rapido!:)

I think it's more to do with aircraft maintenance than the actual aircraft per se. What an airline customer sees is typically everything running smoothly, whereas aircraft maintenance people can see everything. It's the difference between trainspotting and snooping around in the maintenance shed with a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Qantas

Lufthansa A320-131 in retro livery at DUB (D-AIRX)

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭River Song

Don't mean to spam this thread but there's more pics from my little trip last week. Thinking about heading out again next week sometime, I want to get some shots like the LH 321 above. Excellent :D

EI-DAT landing, passing the AC 763 of the day
    IMG_3055-1.jpg

EY nose, edited and cropped.
    IMG_3062.jpg

Get to fly on one of these soon, can't wait <3
    IMG_3099-1.jpg

More noses
    IMG_3113-1.jpg
    IMG_3120.jpg

Think the piano keys reflection is nice
    IMG_3121-1.jpg

I like this one, could be better though
    IMG_3444.jpg

This woulda been perfect, except for the obsticle -_-
    IMG_3438-1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Michael E...... that ain't spamming this thread, that's some damn fine contributions!!

I especially like the first one

Nice pics Michael E, are you doing any sharpening/noise reduction on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭Killinator

From a trip to France and back:
    Picture001.jpg
    Picture003.jpg
    Picture012.jpg
    Picture014.jpg
    Picture015.jpg
    Picture025.jpg
    Sharing the sky!
    Picture030.jpg
    Picture031.jpg
    Picture036.jpg