Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Qantas

DAD659BDEC954E2FBC2CEF737FFF929E-0000336923-0002022195-00800L-F596BBDC5B914E829692CA13129CD14E.jpg
    Up front in VH-OJU Qantas Boeing 747-438
    Just landed in HKG after 12hr flight from london and thanks to a very nice crew and pilot got shown around flightdeck and got to sit in the best seat on the aircraft the one on the left of pic:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Taken at LHR 2h4yzox.jpg

Qantas wrote: »
    Up front in VH-OJU Qantas Boeing 747-438
    Just landed in HKG after 12hr flight from london and thanks to a very nice crew and pilot got shown around flightdeck and got to sit in the best seat on the aircraft the one on the left of pic:D:D

Wow! Nice one there! They wouldn't let me up front on an Aer Lingus 321 after we landed. Probably because we were about an hour late :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Rooting through loads of photos today and found this. Its me on board an Air France Concorde at JFK taken on the 24th of June 1990. Happy days, i was only 5 :)
    IMG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

DementoR wrote: »
    IMG_0942.jpg

Dunno about anybody else but to me that new design Tail doesn't look very Aerodynamic ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

scudzilla wrote: »
    Dunno about anybody else but to me that new design Tail doesn't look very Aerodynamic ;)

It's a Google AirportView camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

[IMG][/img]IMG00229-20101114-0942.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭aircraft tech trng

IND.jpg

INDII.jpg

01012010091.jpg

10112010021.jpg

10112010018.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Mods....

Any chance of imposing an 800 pix limit to the size of the photos like almost every other forum does? I enjoy looking through this thread but the ridiculous size of some of the posters images puts me off TBH....

Just a thought

• Advertisement

Mods....

Any chance of imposing an 800 pix limit to the size of the photos like almost every other forum does? I enjoy looking through this thread but the ridiculous size of some of the posters images puts me off TBH....

Just a thought

+1 So many great pictures spoiled somewhat.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

If people aren't willing to be practical, a limit definitely needs to be imposed imo. I'd be in favour of a 1024px limit though as on average, I would think that that would within the boundaries of most people's screen resolution.

In web dev the general screen width we design for is 1024 pixels. So allowing for scroll bars and user info area leaves 800 as the best compromise for viewing without scrolling. Works fine in the photography forum. 1024 max width still means horizontal scrolling for most.

A lot of people here dont realise either that they are breaking the T&C of their hosting sites by not linking your photos back to the histing site.....

Just another thought if people did this (Click to see how to make a picture a link) it would mean that you could link the person back to the original picture and could then view the large version of the photo there, works a treat, it can be hard to get first time but its easy when you know how, lol.

Again just a suggestion, only doing so because i think it would improve the thread a good bit!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭nag

tricky D wrote: »
    In web dev the general screen width we design for is 1024 pixels.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that just to accommodate the lowest common denominator?

Well if it's the lowest common denominator we're after, then that would be more like 640 across. (I have a client who still uses 800 across even thought their site is designed for 1024!!) However, you are kinda right, 1024 is the lowest reasonable common denominator - it generally covers over 95% (depending on which stats you use).

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

http://www.irelandaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/PP-PJH.jpg

http://www.irelandaviation.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/IMG_2831-1.jpg

Or Click HERE for link to site

Two photos of Embraer ERJ-175LR taken last week in Lanzarote

Posting on behalf of Matthew McGrath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭aircraft tech trng

tricky D wrote: »
    +1 So many great pictures spoiled somewhat.

Those tails with the different animals I took with the same mobile N97 and I dont understand why some are a decent size and others as 1 pointed out poster size? Anyone got any ideas as I really enjoy putting pics up on this site.

Those tails with the different animals I took with the same mobile N97 and I dont understand why some are a decent size and others as 1 pointed out poster size? Anyone got any ideas as I really enjoy putting pics up on this site.

You could edit the size with microsoft picture manager (or whatever software you use) before putting them up on the hosting site.

Most hosting sites allow you to go and view the picture in different sizes, if you go to the size nearest 800 pix (usually medium size) right click on that and select copy picture location in the drop down menu, they come here and click paste in the image box when you post in here ;)

• Advertisement

apologies for quality, taken with phone camera.

[IMG][/img]IMG00231-20101116-1213.jpg

[IMG][/img]CIMG5275.jpg

[IMG][/img]CIMG5278.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Apologies for the poor quality...

air1i.jpg

air2x.jpg

air3.jpg

air4.jpg

air5.jpg

air8i.jpg

air9.jpg

air10.jpg

air11.jpg

air12.jpg

air13q.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Any idea what the WB-57 was up to over there Armin?

Steyr wrote: »
    Any idea what the WB-57 was up to over there Armin?

Haven't a clue mate, not something you'd see every day of the week though.
    One more...

air14.jpg

"Jolly Green's" and an Osprey arent you the lucky boy. :p

Nicely done. Keep it up.

"Jolly Green's" and an Osprey arent you the lucky boy. :p

Nicely done. Keep it up.

Heh-heh, Predator drones too...

chinook7.jpg

Heh-heh, Predator drones too...

chinook7.jpg

Thats a Chinook :pac:

Thats a Chinook :pac:

I was referring to the previous pictures of course...
    Wouldn't fancy landing out in that place.
    Most landings are carried out purely by instruments because of all the dust kicked up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

Did I see a U-2 (or something Russian that's suspiciously like it) in one of those photos, Armin?

(Those photos are a very interesting peek "inside the sandstorm", thanks!)

Advertisement