Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humour now against forum rules

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭insafehands

You said "humour" in the thread title. By definition, humour has to be funny. So what is your complaint, then?

Humour is relative to the person who reads/hears it. Don't be stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,420 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Faith wrote:
    Is Victor aware of this thread?
    No.
    Another Boards.ie mod on a power trip. What on earth is the ban for? I've read the charter. Are jokes now against the rules? You're a disgrace.
    liamdubh wrote:
    Another Boards.ie mod on a power trip.
    Absolutely, you are right. There is no sanity in us and we are not worth talking to.
    liamdubh wrote:
    It was a ridiculous banning.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52883
    Charter wrote:

No spam, abuse, trolling, baiting, flaming or general muppetism. The making of potentially defamatory, off topic, disruptive statements such as incitement of hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism or violence is subject to alteration or deletion.

Overall, please keep things civil and amicable.
    I think you broke the Charter in several places. Both the Pi mods and the Accommodation & Property mods have agreed (separately) that comments suggesting or inciting violence are not appropriate and off-topic as they are unhelpuful. Not only do they put the wrong idea is some peoples' heads as to what is acceptable, but it is disruptive to general discussion.

smccarrick had previously suggesting permanent bans for such posts.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Humour is relative to the person who reads/hears it. Don't be stupid.
    No, funny is relative to the person who reads/hears it. Humour is funny. Don't drag up old threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

Victor wrote:
    No.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52883
    I think you broke the Charter in several places. Both the Pi mods and the Accommodation & Property mods have agreed (separately) that comments suggesting or inciting violence are not appropriate and off-topic as they are unhelpuful. Not only do they put the wrong idea is some peoples' heads as to what is acceptable, but it is disruptive to general discussion.

smccarrick had previously suggesting permanent bans for such posts.

That is disgusting what you are saying, I can't believe you are being so petty, its rediculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Passport this is a four star or above only thread. Please don't post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Passport wrote:
    its rediculous.

No, it's BLUEiculous!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

purplicious.........

just like Barney.

or is he more a purplasaurus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

My daughter says he's a puh-pul pee-o-pile.

(Imagine it as a nearly three year old would say it).

The joys of having many teenage relatives...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

My daughter says he's a puh-pul pee-o-pile.

(Imagine it as a nearly three year old would say it).

The joys of having many teenage relatives...

pee-o-pile???

*alarm bells*

Advertisement