Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bring back Gladiators!

• 17-05-2007 5:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

I came across this programme which I loved as a kid on FTN and it was a delightful trip down memory lane.

This was great entertainment on a Saturday evening. I remember I used to have a crush on both Jet and Lightning and I used to hate that Wolf guy.

I'm sure ITV could easily squeeze this programme into their line-up. Lately they've been rehashing old shows with that Vernon Kay fella. Maybe they could test the waters by having him present a one-off episode. Obviously they'd need some new Gladiators as Wolf probably resembles a whale at this point but that can be worked out.

What do you all reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Vernon Kay?? Hell no, if you bring back Gladiators bring back Fash and Ulrika!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Ah memories of Saturday nights before mass. :) Indeed, has to be John Fashanu and Ulrika Johnson also referee John Anderson who didn't take any shiet from anyone! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Great show!!!

Jet was indeed hot. Lightning though? Way too much hair going on there.

I used to always want to have a go and that one with the bungee cords.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

AWOOOGGGAAAA!!!

fair play to fash for introducing his own words to the english vocabulary!!
    yeah i seen a few episodes of it on challenge tv a while back, classic stuff. in fairness anyone who won that competition was pretty tough as it was a very challenging ordeal, some of the games like gauntlet and the duel were so stacked in the gladiators favour it was unreal.....but i think that added to the toughness of the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Oh how I hated this show. The reason being John Fashanu and Wolf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Lilygilly

Was wolf not the gladiator we all loved to hate!!! I actaully saw it last week on FNT class show!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Lilygilly wrote:
    Was wolf not the gladiator we all loved to hate!!!

I always thought he was an idiot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

You can't beat the Gladiators. Great stuff altogether.
    Wolf was a legend, as was Fash.
    Saracen and Jet were easily the best Gladiators.
    Imagine an Irish version, that would be great. They'd have to have a pint at the finish mat of the eliminator in order to get people to take it seriously.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Heh was watching this on FTN myself nostalgia of the highest order.
    None of the Gladiators were as tough as they seemed back then though...
    Except that one with the leg lock - schwing!

"Contestant one, you will go on my first whistle. Contestant two, you will go on my second whistle" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gladiators_off6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Contestant READY! Gladiator READY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Remember the travelator (escalator thingie) at the end and watching some poor old sod not being able to make it up. :)

119428611_641cd9196a_m.jpg

Edit: Great minds Ruu!

P32910957.jpg

look at this lazy bugger?! Clearly has no idea how to use a travelator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I focking love Gladiators.

Advertisement