Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

I suspect I'm turning into a mod variant myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I think its a bit of a joke that no Soccer Mod is around tonight on one of the biggest nights of the year for soccer, we need more mods ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'll do it.

A spurs fan!!!!!! :D Anyone with a bit of cop on and who actually posts regulary would do, seriously having a strict access rule doesn't mean the forum doesn't need mods that are actually around!

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

You after a Job irish1;)

• Advertisement

Nope I'm not actually, I just think the forum needs more mods, I don't really care who it is as long they have some common sense and are around every so often.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

irish1 wrote:
    Nope I'm not actually, I just think the forum needs more mods, I don't really care who it is as long they have some common sense and are around every so often.

Did you try 911. ;)

Its pretty lively in there all right , was there a game or something?

I second the brave WWM for the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

irish1 wrote:
    I think its a bit of a joke that no Soccer Mod is around tonight on one of the biggest nights of the year for soccer, we need more mods ASAP

Don't think anyone was rostered for the evening shift...oh hang on, its not a job, maybe they were off living their lives?

Don't think anyone was rostered for the evening shift...oh hang on, its not a job, maybe they were off living their lives?

Well someone fooked up, they would have their wages docked if it were up to me.

Heads will have to roll.

I have no problem with mods having a life its actually why I'm looking for more mods, I just think having strict rules on who can post is a bit silly when there is no mods around to control the forum on one of the biggest nights of the year but it's not just tonight its been lack for a while, I remember a year or two ago when mods were nearly always around when needed back in Gandalf's day etc.

But hey leave them to troll them away and insult each other if you like.

• Advertisement

irish1 wrote:

I'm not saying that either, but there will be times when people just aren't online. You could add in more mods, but does that mean one should be on permanent thread watch duty? F5 the f*ck out of the thread de jour?

Here's a suggestion...report the relevant posts, sit back and relax. If they're acting the bollox they'll be dealt with in due course.

I wouldn't hold your breath, there is plenty of posters who would be good mods although the power may consume them! :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

irish1 wrote:
    I have no problem with mods having a life its actually why I'm looking for more mods, I just think having strict rules on who can post is a bit silly when there is no mods around to control the forum on one of the biggest nights of the year but it's not just tonight its been lack for a while, I remember a year or two ago when mods were nearly always around when needed back in Gandalf's day etc.

how about actually reporting some posts? there have only been a couple of different posts reported all evening. it's not like rome is burning....

I'm not talking about tonight soley its just one example.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

irish1 wrote:

The fact that it's one of the biggest nights of football all year is the exact reason that there are no mods around. They are more than likely down the pub watching it. Adding more mods wouldn't neccesarily mean that there will be someone there on nights like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I was down the pub watching the match, could barely walk let alone operate an internet device after it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I was in NYC watching the CL final before attending the Ireland match.

I was kdjaCL's state +1

T4TF and I have actually already talked about another mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

And they decided that I was the man for the job. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A Manc? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :p

Mike.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

psi wrote:
    I was in NYC watching the CL final before attending the Ireland match.

I missed that match,what was the attendances like are was there many Irish...?I was in New York for the Celtic UEFA cup final a couple of seasons ago and it was great,I love New York.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

irish1 wrote:
    ...no mods around to control the forum on one of the biggest nights of the year...
    Ah c'mon, that's stretching it a bit! Biggest night of the year? It was only a friendly against Ecuador.

fade2black wrote:
    And they decided that I was the man for the job. :)

A united supporter, you must be joking.

Start a book on on it, my money is on the spider.

The Muppet wrote:
    Oh please God no!
    Instead of a simple "You're Banned" you'd end up getting a 10 page manuscript detailing the rights and wrongs of your offending post.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The Muppet wrote:
    A united supporter, you must be joking.

Oh God no, the threads would go on and on, and I'd have to agree with Muppet, there isnt a chance in hell that a Man U fan will get it.

My vote would be for for either seansouth or MrJoeSoap.

Election fever is catching!

The timing of this could've been a lot better. We should've nominated candidates a couple of weeks ago and the we could've had the results today just like the real thing.

We have a vote? :cool:

I'm waiting to see what the candidates have to offer before I cast mine.

The Muppet wrote:
    I'm waiting to see what the candidates have to offer before I cast mine.
    Well I can categorically state that my party will not agree to a coalition with Sinn Fein.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I would go with you, but your not stupid enough to take it. The hookers and coke dont apply to soccer mods :(

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    I would go with you, but your not stupid enough to take it. The hookers and coke dont apply to soccer mods :(

kdjac

To be serious and not wishing to put the mockers on therecklessone's chances but I think he is respected by the majority of users on the forum.

Advertisement