Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer Forum

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I've received reports about two posts in there this morning and I've banned Lemlin and fullstop so far. You will all play nice or not play at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Good man ecksor an Iron fist was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

i support the new forum

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ecksor wrote:
    I've received reports about two posts in there this morning and I've banned Lemlin and fullstop so far. You will all play nice or not play at all.

:eek:

I take it the Lemlin post was subsequently deleted, cos I'd hate to think it was for one of the few that are currently visible...
    green123 wrote:
    i support the new forum

Wrong place dude, try the forums forum.

I didn't delete any post. He made a comment about a blackburn / spurs game that appeared to me to be phrased in a way designed to provoke. This comment was drawn to my attention via the reported posts function.

You think that's harsh? Fine. I'm basically sick of this constant moaning about mods and some posters that goes on here on a forum that we decided to tolerate on sufferance in the first place. I have made some suggestions in the past on how to solve these problems and all I've seen is the same moans coming back, so I'm going to stick my big nose in and see what happens.

(I do not actually have a big nose, I have a lovely nose).

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    You think that's harsh? Fine.

I do. I also think the forum will be a ghost town in a couple of weeks if thats the new standard that is being enforced.

The "Liverpool fans" thread could see the forum decimated on its own, as could the similar threads re. Utd fans in Rome back in April.

A couple of weeks? If it drags on that long I'll simply close it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I do. I also think the forum will be a ghost town in a couple of weeks if thats the new standard that is being enforced.

The "Liverpool fans" thread could see the forum decimated on its own, as could the similar threads re. Utd fans in Rome back in April.

Agreed,
    ecksor wrote:
    A couple of weeks? If it drags on that long I'll simply close it.

That would be a pity and unneccessary IMO.

I suggest that if WWM were cat mod of the soccer forum it would not have the problems that it currently has. TBH a lot of the trouble stems from poor modding and silly rules.

For intstance. Man Utd fans objetcted to being labled as scum. When the use this term was made a bannable offence one of the mods argued that the use of the term scouser would also be a bannable offence. I'm not sure if anyone was ever baaned for it but its a ridiculous arguement. Soccer is tough to mod but stupid arguments like that doesn't portray the mods in very good light. There are plenty of instances of stuff like that.

The Muppet wrote:
    There are plenty of instances of stuff like that.

If only there was some way of linking to them.

I don't know if WWM would make a good mod or not, but I have reason to believe that you're a little confused on the issue.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

personally I had major problems with both the posts by the KdjaCL as moderator in the thread below and the moderation of the thread. Surely when you take on a role as Mod of the forum you need to be more careful of your attitude within the forum. Loads of people reported posts in it from a moderator and nothing happened for an age:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055091471

The mods viewpoint seemed to be the reports didn't count because they were from liverpool fans. Contrast this with the view from other fans that liverpool fans are treated better on the soccer forum.

not sure WWM being in charge would be the answer since he seems to totally disagree with all the current mods, but there is no doubt there are issues with the forum, constant trolling type posts now seem par for the course on every thread.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    If only there was some way of linking to them.

I don't know if WWM would make a good mod or not, but I have reason to believe that you're a little confused on the issue.

I am not at all confused on the actual problem with the soccer forum ecksor. I,m not going searchin for links either but on reading WWM posts re soccer on this forum it's apparent to me that he is aware of the main issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Well KdjaCL isn't a suitable soccer mod imo, I think PHB could make a good mod, although if Ecksor has the time to stay around for a while I think he will sort it out pretty quickly.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

irish1 wrote:
    Well KdjaCL isn't a suitable soccer mod imo, I think PHB could make a good mod, although if Ecksor has the time to stay around for a while I think he will sort it out pretty quickly.

Again, I repeat myself, a Man U fan is never going to get a mods job in the Soccer forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

The only extra person modding the forum, that I'm aware of is ecksor.

I don't believe that we actually said we were taking on more mods, we just said we'd talked about it. If it happens, it won't be a vote.

The Muppet wrote:
    I am not at all confused on the actual problem with the soccer forum ecksor. I,m not going searchin for links either

I didn't say you were confused about that!
    but on reading WWM posts re soccer on this forum it's apparent to me that he is aware of the main issues.

You are definitely confused about something.

I feel I should clarify some things.

The Muppet, your input here has been to show me that you've misunderstood something regarding your solutions to the problems of the soccer forum (you may disagree, but I know something that you don't which demonstrates quite clearly that you're flat out wrong) and that you're not willing to cooperate in showing me exact references to some of your complaints. I don't take summaries of past events at face value, everyone has their own twist on it.

Basically you're a time waster and a wind up merchant and you've been at the centre of a lot of rows over that forum for a long time now.

In general, when it comes to niggling or needly comments on the forum, if I think "Hm, did he mean to have a go at someone there?" or "Was that at troll?" and I can't decide, then I'm just going to ban the user to be on the safe side rather than leave them there to be on the safe side. If I'm feeling really pissed off then that will extend to anyone who carries these rows onto other forums (basically any annoyances The Muppet or the usual suspects get up there here or "<insert team here> are discriminated against" style posts such as the one above from Aqua18 or whatever her name is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You seem to be somewhat of a troll yourself Ecksor. Albeit a high powered one.

Do I seem patient or tolerant to you right now?

Fair enough Ecksor. I was only trying to offer constructive feedback about the soccer forum. I can see from the tone of your posts that you are not interested in that. I will leave it at that so.

psi wrote:
    I don't believe that we actually said we were taking on more mods, we just said we'd talked about it. If it happens, it won't be a vote.

Just to clarify, I wasn't suggesting there would be a vote. I was merely expressing an opinion of who IMO would make a good moderator of the forum.

We are allowed opinions, yeah?

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    If I'm feeling really pissed off then that will extend to anyone who carries these rows onto other forums (basically any annoyances The Muppet or the usual suspects get up there here or "<insert team here> are discriminated against" style posts such as the one above from Aqua18 or whatever her name is).

I assume you mean Aquos76, So my comments about a Man U fan not getting a mods position is discriminating aye, well we will see. We all know that the modding of the soccer forum is a hard job, but my comments are backed up by the fact that Man U fans get blamed for being WUM all the time and its a know fact that if anything bad is said about Liverpool, thread closures and bannings are the order of the day.

The only reason why the current Liverpool thread is still open is because some mods are now under pressure not to be seen as favouring towards one team

Aquos76 wrote:
    and its a know fact that if anything bad is said about Liverpool, thread closures and bannings are the order of the day.

Well, its an opinion anyway. Known fact? Not likely.

TBH, its pissing and whining like this that is contributing to the current mood among the powers that be.

Well, its an opinion anyway. Known fact? Not likely.

Fair point. It is my opinion that this is the case.
    TBH, its pissing and whining like this that is contributing to the current mood among the powers that be.

Some of the existing mods dont do themselves any favors tbh, Far to much inconsistencies. Even your good self mentioned it in a recent post about Lemlin's banning.

ecksor wrote:
    Do I seem patient or tolerant to you right now?

TBH ecksor, it looks like you're winding up for another soccer shutdown.

That would be a bad thing, by and large the forum is a positive element of boards, albeit with a few flare ups now and then. Is that any worse than some of the sh*te that happens on After Hours or Politics?

The new Reign of Terror* might prove a little counter productive by the way, you may be short a mod or two at times...
    KdjaCL wrote:
    Im not in ****s? And as Mod i do post news on certain things its like a thing you do. Sadly or happily in this case its bad news about shels so all i have really done is pointed and laughed. Be worse if i pretended to care or pretended it was a bad thing for the league. They are embarrassment to football and should be removed from the league, not gonna happen but nice to see them in the ****s and moving a step closer to extinction every day.

As i said a few posts above "best pre season ever".

Petty? Maybe. Bitter Pats fan? maybe that too, seriously pissing myself every time i think of monday week, most definitley :D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=52780855
    KdjaCL wrote:
    The reason numerous bodies couldnt be identified is because their wallets were stolen. That did happen.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055091471&page=2

Or maybe...

And as for Celtic fans not causing trouble away, they do not need to there is always enough trouble to be had in Scotland...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=53322047&postcount=30

All provocative.

I'm not trying to get either mod banned by the way, just suggesting that giving Lemlin a schmack of the ban hammer for his posts on the Spurs-Blackburn thread is overly harsh, and does suggest that a new standard has been established by which posters will be judged. I could post any number of my own from the past (mainly in my own spat with Lemlin) or by WWM for more examples.

*I jest ecksor, I jest...;)

Aquos76 wrote:
    Some of the existing mods dont do themselves any favors tbh, Far to much inconsistencies. Even your good self mentioned it in a recent post about Lemlin's banning.

And some of the soccer forum posters don't do themselves any favours by continually nit picking.

Is it not obvious that the admins are currently suffering from the biggest case of pain in the arse known to man because of all the sh*te that flows from the forum?

Read ecksor's posts. Its plain enough to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

That would be a bad thing, by and large the forum is a positive element of boards,
    All I ever see in relation to the soccer forum is whining and moaning. That's not positive imo.

Gordon wrote:
    All I ever see in relation to the soccer forum is whining and moaning. That's not positive imo.

Do you read the forum itself?

Do you read the forum itself?
    No, why would I read a forum that contains people that seem to be constantly whining and moaning like kids? The soccer forum could be positive in its own right but on the whole "by and large" in the bigger picture for boards - it's not a positive element of boards as you try to make out.

Gordon wrote:
    No, why would I read a forum that contains people that seem to be constantly whining and moaning like kids? The soccer forum could be positive in its own right but on the whole "by and large" in the bigger picture for boards - it's not a positive element of boards as you try to make out.

The people that contribute regularly find it positive, would you agree? The fact that large numbers of posters continue to request access to the forum suggests that others want to join the discussion.

That people who choose not to contribute don't find it a positive thing doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Anyway, I've just got a call about some real worldtm problems with my family that make this sh*t look like little league, so I'm out of here.

Shut the forum if that's what you all want.

• Advertisement

The people that contribute regularly find it positive, would you agree?
    No I wouldn't agree. If that was the case they wouldn't be whining and moaning like little children.
    Shut the forum if that's what you all want.
    I second that.

Advertisement