Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm so ****ing angry right now...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Nala wrote:
    My cat has really blown it...
    I wake up 10 minutes ago to find a DEAD ROBIN on the floor of my bedroom and feathers all over the place!!!.

Could be worse, the brothers cat brought in a baby rat into his bedroom, and it wasn't dead. Cue much screaming form the wife. Not a way to start your Sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Borzoi wrote:
    Could be worse, the brothers cat brought in a baby rat into his bedroom, and it wasn't dead. Cue much screaming form the wife. Not a way to start your Sunday

I'm just glad she left it somewhere I could see it (it was the first thing I saw when I woke up), I can only imagine her hiding it somewhere and me having to find it with my nose... it would have been rotting and everything!!!

I remember one time stepping out the door and going to put my foot down on the step before seeing a dead rat lying there, with my old cat sitting beside it licking her lips. Then there was the blackbird whose head was lying about a foot away from his body...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I kept Zebra Finches during my degree. I used to keep their cage door open and my bedroom window open and they would come and go as they pleased.

Then one day they didn't come back, stripey-beaked bastards :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

luckat wrote:
    You should be angry with yourself, not with your cat. It's in a cat's nature to hunt birds, and birds are at their most vulnerable in nesting season.

"Briseann an dúchas tré shúile an chait."

If you don't want your cat to kill birds, keep her in at night. It doesn't require major self-discipline. She won't like it at first, but she'll get used to it. And it cuts her chances of being killed on the road by about 90pc.

well then you might find cat sh*t on the floor instead of a bird!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Golferx

A cat, in your bedroom? Hygienic? I think not.

Well done, cat, for showing what you do.

OP, isn't it a bit over-dramatic? That's what cats do and get over it. As for allowing it into your bedroom? Get real. Animals have no place in bedrooms.

• Advertisement

Golferx wrote:
    Get real. Animals have no place in bedrooms.

Haven't you heard of beastiality?

rediguana wrote:
    Haven't you heard of beastiality?

lol

I keep her in my bedroom because we live beside a main road. She is black so therefore hardest to see on a dark night.

I let her out every morning because she has been taught since the day I got her that any toilet business is for outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Nala wrote:
    My cat has really blown it...

She woke me up at 7am this morning running around the room like a lunatic jumping on paper bags. That's fine. She gets a bit giddy sometimes. With my eyes still half closed I stumble out of bed, take the bag from her and go back asleep.

I wake up 10 minutes ago to find a DEAD ROBIN on the floor of my bedroom and feathers all over the place!!! She must have been running around with it when she woke me up earlier and I just didn't see it.

I'm so mad at her. Yes she's a cat, I know it's her nature, she's brought home a million dead (and half-dead) things before but bringing one into the house is crossing the line. She's sitting there looking delighted with herself, as I sit up she starts walkin over to it and I scream at her... I don't know if she knows why I screamed but I was so mad...

I feel physically sick, not at the thought of a dead bird but the thought of one in my own room is making my stomach turn. I keep thinking what if she does it again and hides it or what if it's a rat next time...

I'm gonna kill her......

Cats play with and kill things. Regularly. How long have you kept cats? They all have a kinda dark, hunter side.

They also bring their kills into the house.

Shouting is probably very confusing for her seeing as she is looking for approval/giving you a gift/contributing to the house food or whatever.

Raiser wrote:
    I'm so ****ing angry, I'm a wild creature that lives in a house with someone who keeps me as a child substitute. Instead of being allowed to be a fierce predator finely tuned by centuries of amazing evolution into a suberb killing machine I'm expected to miaow amusingly and chase a plastic mouse on a piece of string.

This morning I cleverly caught breakfast using all of my guile and instincts but when I brought it in to share with the most important person in my life she screamed manically hurting my sensitive ears. She has been odd all morning since this happened - can anyone advise, maybe I should bring her something with less feathers like a rat ? Please help, my owners odd, irrational behaviour is confusing and upsetting for me.

classic :D

Impressively articulate cat.

• Advertisement

stovelid wrote:
    How long have you kept cats? They all have a kinda dark, hunter side.

17 years.... one time she got a mouse and played with it (still alive) for an hour before my dad took it from her.

But she didn't bring it into the house!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

I personally feel Nala should be nutered (she appears to be fairly aggressive) and the cat given a treat for being great.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

You want to try that one with a hunting dog :D

They'd be useless with birds, but over the years my wire-haired dachsund "offered me" the girlfriend's little sister's pet rabbit, a couple of the neighbours' chickens, a couple of cats and a cat-sized water rat.

There were two goodly attempts at a Great Dane (a fortune in vet's bills that one, had half its throat gone) and a German sheperd, but he'd have had a job pulling these home, mind.

(Then again, 'work' was regularly hunting full-size adult wild boars, so the above was just playtime ;)

So your cat got a robin with a bell around its neck? Some cat! You should chuffed no end, instead of lambasting the poor thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

ambro25 wrote:
    You want to try that one with a hunting dog :D

There were two goodly attempts at a Great Dane (a fortune in vet's bills that one, had half its throat gone) and a German sheperd, but he'd have had a job pulling these home, mind.

(Then again, 'work' was regularly hunting full-size adult wild boars, so the above was just playtime ;)

[\QUOTE]

hmmm....maybe if you werent a compelte d**khead who couldnt control his dog you wouldnt have that problem. Hunting dog me hole

Nala wrote:
    17 years.... one time she got a mouse and played with it (still alive) for an hour before my dad took it from her.

But she didn't bring it into the house!!!

My mum *seriously* freaks out when the cat brings in kills but she doesn't get angry. How could you be that angry at an animal TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Bambi wrote:
    hmmm....maybe if you werent a compelte d**khead who couldnt control his dog you wouldnt have that problem. Hunting dog me hole

Tut tut - language, m'lady, language :p

And calm down, you don't know the circumstances, so a bit less of the personal attacks, if you don't mind :mad:

(i) How do you propose to control a 15 kgs dog on a leash, when a not-on-a-leash donkey-sized molossus which easily weighs just as much as you decides he fancies your dog as a snack and is upon you in three or four steps? Answer: you don't, you let go of the leash to give your dog maximum possible mobility under the circumstances and hope and pray for the best.

(ii) The German Sheperd was also unleashed. And though my dog was likewise unleashed at the time, I'm rather glad he had at it (it was only 3 times as big, not 5 times like the Great Dane), because that German Sheperd was coming for me (unprovoked, on a forest path).

Interesting that you wouldn't quote the pet rabbit and the chickens - shows a bit of... balance in your personal attack :p

Oh, yeah... Bambis taste great after hanging for a few days, with a red wine jus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I know I wouldn't like a dead bird next to my bed and I think a lot of the posters here are being too hard on Nala. However, I do kinda think that cats in particular shouldn't be kept in the bedroom. Would you not let her sleep in say the utility room or something else?

Although the cat probably knows now that she did something wrong so hopefully won't do it again. Our cat at home is an outdoor cat (our cats always have been), but our Newfoundland sleeps in the kitchen at night. Himself and the cat are the best of friends though, and the other day, the cat brought a mouse (still alive!) to our puppy and put it into his house (he has a house outside in case he wants to take shelter if we are not there), as if to say "mind that for me for a while!" Our puppy (well he's a giant now for 10 months old!) just kinda looked at it and walked off! My dad then let the mouse go. I don't think the cat was best pleased :) She won't be giving the doggy her catches to babysit anymore, that's fo-sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

It is human nature to be be shocked and a bit pissed to find a dead bird in your room just after getting out of bed.
    It is in the nature of the cat to catch and kill little animals and often bring them back to their owner as a prize.

Meh.... Most people are getting their leopard skin knickers in a twist over nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I feel sick to my stomach. I have a towel thrown over the thing but I can't touch it, my mother is gonna have to do it. I need a good wash after this, I feel horrible!!!

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

well then you might find cat sh*t on the floor instead of a bird!

My cat is kept in at night; there's a cat litter box for it to **** in.

• Advertisement

I managed to use a dustpan and brush and maneouver it (still in the towel) into the wheelie bin and I have hoovered the floor and sprayed disinfectant in the area the bird was in. Hopefully the cat will keep her "presents" to herself in future...

My mother finds the whole thing hilarious. She keeps humming "Who killed cock robin" at me. Says I have got my comeuppance for the time I laughed at her for running away when the cat followed her down the garden with a rat in its mouth!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Raiser wrote:
    I'm so ****ing angry, I'm a wild creature that lives in a house with someone who keeps me as a child substitute. Instead of being allowed to be a fierce predator finely tuned by centuries of amazing evolution into a suberb killing machine I'm expected to miaow amusingly and chase a plastic mouse on a piece of string.

This morning I cleverly caught breakfast using all of my guile and instincts but when I brought it in to share with the most important person in my life she screamed manically hurting my sensitive ears. She has been odd all morning since this happened - can anyone advise, maybe I should bring her something with less feathers like a rat ? Please help, my owners odd, irrational behaviour is confusing and upsetting for me.

Now that is class!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Calmly sit down with your cat and go over it's contract together. If taking the dead animal into your house is against the contract, then tell it to shape up or ship out.

Seriously, how is a cat to know not to bring a carcass into the house. It's fresh meat on the bone. Unless you're a veggie, there's a pretty good chance it's seen you preparing similar carcasses for your dinner.

Give your cat a slap-up fish supper, and let it know that you appreciate how it cares for you and your nourishment.

She knows I like eating birds, she sees me eating chicken almost every day... at least the thought was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

Raiser wrote:

Centuries of evolution? You might want to add on a few zero's there..

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Jotter

years ago I awoke one morning to see the cat sitting beside a black pair of rolled up socks, the cat often climbed in my window so thought nothing of it and went back asleep. Something clicked with me though and I awoke again to see it wasnt rolled up socks, it was a big dead crow!!!
    More recently my husband was doing a big job in the garden and got to know a robin who would come every day and sit pretty near him, my husband thought this was great and kept feeding it etc. I called him the other day to show him a lovely sight, the cat had caught mr robin and was chowing down happily, there was just about a bit of red breast to identify him!!!

if you dont want the cat bringing it in then keep him out and make your bedroom out of bounds! Not a nice thing to wake up to in the morning but sure if you want to share your space with a cat youve got to expect these things. Personally I dont think its treats theyre bringing you, I think it smore that they want to play/eat in comfort of your bedroom!!!

There was a bit of blood but I don't think she made any attempt to eat it, just sat near it with this big smug look on her face. Very pleased with herself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 41 PaulyB63

Just out of interest sake....

Why is your cat allowed into your bedroom...?? And Why do you keep catfood by your bed...?? Having highly processed meat or dried meat by my bed is way worse then still warm fresh bird in my bedroom... And the cat hairs in the bed... F***ing hell!!

I have 2 cats and a dog and they (the cats) have access, when I'm not around, to the utility room only and the dog sleeps in the kitchen... the upstairs of the house is reserved for the human folk in our home... Our cats catch all sorts... That's what they do but they definitely don't have the opportunity to deposit their trophies on the bedroom floor... :D:D:D

PaulyB63 wrote:
    Just out of interest sake....

Why is your cat allowed into your bedroom...?? And Why do you keep catfood by your bed...?? Having highly processed meat or dried meat by my bed is way worse then still warm fresh bird in my bedroom... And the cat hairs in the bed... F***ing hell!!

She's allowed in my bedroom because my mother won't let her anywhere else in the house. How do you know i keep catfood by my bed or that there are cat hairs in my bed????? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Orange69 wrote:
    Centuries of evolution? You might want to add on a few zero's there..

1 Century, 2 Centuries, 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Centuries

I cannot pluralise this any more for you Kinky Oráiste.

- Anyway, I only put in centuries after having had major problems struggling with Milleniums/Milleniae, cue SP, SP, SP.

British Columbia is UTC -8 isn't it - you should get up a bit earlier ;)

Nala
    this slight change should help the situation......
    http://members.shaw.ca/pelorian/rrcyell.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement