Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hertz SatNav Rental Jayzis !

Options
  • 17-05-2007 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Just put up a quote for 2 weeks car hire in France, ticked the box to rent a "Neverlost" sat-nav for the duration, they want an extra 150 yooyoos!!!!! :eek:

fook that, a map & irate wife will cost less... or get one to keep....

total scam...

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

fatboypee wrote:
    Just put up a quote for 2 weeks car hire in France, ticked the box to rent a "Neverlost" sat-nav for the duration, they want an extra 150 yooyoos!!!!! :eek:

total scam...

FBP.

A bottle of sleeping pills will cast maybe 20 euro. Than all you have to deal with is the map. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

wow, maplin have a sat nav for about 150 at the moment.
    Are you sure that's not including a security deposit - pretty damn easy to steal a satnav, after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

eth0_ wrote:
    wow, maplin have a sat nav for about 150 at the moment.
    Are you sure that's not including a security deposit - pretty damn easy to steal a satnav, after all.

Wouldn't they check that when they check the car for damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

fatboypee wrote:

total scam...

FBP.

Im off to france for a week in june myself, tried hertz but found these guys cheaper. www.carhire4less.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

oleras wrote:
    Im off to france for a week in june myself, tried hertz but found these guys cheaper. www.carhire4less.co.uk

Checked them out, got the quote for an astra for 305 Pounds sterling... better than the hertz quote for sure...

No option for satNav tho...

As for SatNav cost, the site didnt say it was a deposit, was just added to the quotation cost....

FBP.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The Neverlost is a good product but costs quite a bit because there is a high level of theft of the units.

They are just trying to cover themsleves.

Also not many car rental companies have the option of sat nav in my expierence

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Darando

I signed up to the hertz website - took about 5 minutes. (they don't send you loads of spam - which is good, only discount news).

Anyway, after you sign, try book then via your account, I got car hire in the states for 3/4 price than hiring as a non-member. Might be worth a look into it.

Also,try the hertz link on the aerlingus website, sometimes its cheaper through their link.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

just a FYI

The Hetz link on the Ryanair website will nearly always be the cheapest!

Mik

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

mik_da_man wrote:
    just a FYI

The Hetz link on the Ryanair website will nearly always be the cheapest!

Mik

Thats where I went from, Carhire4less was cheaper by 50 odd yooyoos..

FBP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

I think its about 10 euro a day for sat nav rental.So the 150 is about right.Thats what you get for asking for a sat nav.You could have bought a map for 5-10 euro :D

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Seems a normal price - http://www.satnav4hire.com/gps_hire.htm has them "from" 8 euro per day. edit: very hefty deposit of 275 - 400 !!

If this is your first time over in France and the journey is complicated then a satnav might be very useful. Bit easier than the wife..

Advertisement