Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shamrocks in the grass

Options
  • 17-05-2007 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

lately in my back garden clumps of shamrock seems to be growing all around the garden. how can I get rid of this and what could be causing them to grow?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Any lawn weedkiller will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,988 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

My lawn was covered in clover - a combination of lawn weed\feed and raking has gotten rid of most of it but its left big bare patches (and even there the clover is starting to regrow). Its notoriously difficult to get rid of - lawn weedkiller will get some of it but it grows back quickly.

Make sure you rake it before mowing the lawn - underneath the leaves there is a dense network of thick creeping stems. Raking breaks these up and lifts them so they get chopped by the lawnmower. The more you break it up, the better chance your grass has of growing through it, but you may need to re-seed the area afterwards.

Advertisement