Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flavoured beans

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭

so...who likes their flavoured beans?

at the moment I'm gloria jeans favourite customer!:D :D

Favourites; mudslide and french vanilla supreme...yum!

Has to be freshly ground too, we got our grounder from holland 13yrs ago..still going strong(hand cranked obviously!):p :p

flavoured beans..or no? 5 votes

what..there's flavoured beans?
    0% 0 votes
    flavoured beans..you must be mad!,ie: no!
    20% 1 vote
    bring on the flavoured beans!
    40% 2 votes
    on special occasions.
    40% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

GJs is still open? I thought they closed two or three years back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

erm no..well there's 2 shops in cork!

well you know cork..always a few years behind!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Can you get flavoured beans in Ireland (well Dublin)????? when i lived in England, every saturday you would head off and buy a selection of different coffee beans for the week......oh my favourite was the Norwich Special or Mud pie ..........give me names of places please

only place i know is gloria jeans in cork,i could get some for you if ya want??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Must confess I'm not a fan at all.

Can't help thinking it's just added to disguise poor
    quality beans. Plus why would you want to detract
    from the taste of good coffee?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

damo86 wrote:
    only place i know is gloria jeans in cork,i could get some for you if ya want??

oh, thanks, but i used to love that browsing and trying the coffee of the week - bloody dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭billyblanks

When I first started drinking coffee 10 or 11 years ago I was very much into flavored coffee......but quickly got sick of it. Thought all the flavors were very synthetic and left me feeling sick if I had more than one cup of the stuff...
    Would not touch the stuff today....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

Only one I've bought is French Vanilla, you become pretty immune to the taste after a while.

I agree with you billy,Im a occasional user too,because i know i would get sick of it after a while if i drinking the bloody stuff!
    My parents are addicted to the stuff!
    Usually i have the normal espresso but if you want something light it does the trick!
    The combination is 3/4 coffee,1/4 hot milk.
    I use a bialetti moca espresso yoke!
    Its also a great introduction to coffee if people find the real stuff to hard going!

Advertisement