Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CounterStrike on SkySports?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Jaysus....

http://kotaku.com/gaming/reality-tv/counter+strike-to-air-onsky-sports-261151.php
    Sky Sports Extra. UK denizens will know it as Sky's leftovers bin, where you can tune in and catch high-intensity sports like fishing, poker and the NBA. Oh, and Counter-Strike.

Sky have purchased the British television rights to the game from Valve, and will run a series of shows based on a dedicated Sky Counter-Strike competition. Sounds like one for all the insomniacs out there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Wonder what they will call it....

Maybe...

H3y N00bZ COM3 WatCH US!! 4 N00BZ OnLY]+++ No H4CKING WE Pr0MISS!![

Haha.

I wonder will it be 1.6 or source.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I wonder will it be 1.6 or source.

What would look better to a TV audience?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Won't raise gaming in the mainstream.
    If anything, all this run-and-gun crap will have a negative impact on the public's perception of gaming.

Assuming anybody watches it for more than 2 minutes without getting bored out of their skull, anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    Won't raise gaming in the mainstream.
    If anything, all this run-and-gun crap will have a negative impact on the public's perception of gaming.

Assuming anybody watches it for more than 2 minutes without getting bored out of their skull, anyway.

people watch Poker on tv, Cricket on TV, and the luge.

Whats your point? :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

KdjaCL wrote:
    people watch Poker on tv, Cricket on TV, and the luge.

Whats your point? :D

kdjac

They make films about Poker, its brilliant TV, the tension. Luge, well we just wanna see them crash and Cricket, hmmm.

They'll drop the counterstrike very quickly as it is absolutely dreadful to watch (I'm a counterstrike player). Other games are more watchable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Sand wrote:
    What would look better to a TV audience?

yeh but there are no huge money tournaments in source hence why there's no good players playing it.

it would have to be 1.6 for it to suceed. if it was source it would be like watching a poker game where the total pot size is like 20 euros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jonny72 wrote:
    They make films about Poker, its brilliant TV, the tension. Luge, well we just wanna see them crash and Cricket, hmmm.

But you watch TV so Sky and Xleague are catering for you. I doubt Sky would jump into this blind wouldnt suprise me of Sky were giving X league free channel rent in return for ad revenue.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'd say they will show both versions or show whatever tournaments that are on at the time. Why limit themselves to one?

Advertisement