Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Korn - Evolution (first single)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Not bad but ive been REALLY off korn since that last album. Untouchables is the only album by them ill listen to now which is a real surprise cause that was the album i hated when it came out. Still though this song shows promise....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭saviourgirl

Sounds great cant wait for the album. They went off the tracks a few years ago but they've really got their act together again, fair play.

Will see them in a few weeks at Downlaod cant wait!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I have to say I thought this track was rather run of the mill stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 gasolinehorsey

deadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭- bo -

Yeah Ill also be seeing them at Download, cant wait for it, actually this day 3 weeks itll be only a couple of hours away :D

They really have gotten crap lately though, with their last album and the Unplugged one too. This is the second song Ive heard from the new album and none of them are impressing me at all.

Still, classy back catalogue from their first album up to Take A Look In The Mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

i ****in love it which is suprising coz i only like a few old korn songs and no new ones...

is joey playing drums on it or is it the other guy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Steoob wrote:
    i ****in love it which is suprising coz i only like a few old korn songs and no new ones...

is joey playing drums on it or is it the other guy?

It ain't Joey, he is only touring with them. And i don't think it was Bozzio...sounds a bit too simple for him but it could be!

both new ones are here http://www.myspace.com/korn

yup its bozzio, he recorded the album with them, joeys touring untill they can find a full time replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Patricide wrote:
    yup its bozzio, he recorded the album with them, joeys touring untill they can find a full time replacement.

It was Brooks Wackerman from Bad Religion who recorded it, Bozzio only recorded 6 songs with them.

They played their first gig with JJ on drums last night, he has really added a lot more than david has in the past few years, pity he didn't get to work on the album

here is a link to all the vids of the songs on you tube
    http://www.kornspace.com/main/news.php

• Advertisement

Ok since when has korn had live percussionists and a keyboardist?

Patricide wrote:
    Ok since when has korn had live percussionists and a keyboardist?

For about two years now, since touring for SYOTOS started they joined as a backing group.

Yeah watched Joey play, he defo needs a few more jammin sessions, alot of mistakes especially on Got the Life...but I've utmost confidence in him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Beekay wrote:
    They played their first gig with JJ on drums last night, he has really added a lot more than david has in the past few years, pity he didn't get to work on the album

here is a link to all the vids of the songs on you tube
    http://www.kornspace.com/main/news.php

I wouldnt say he has added alot, its just different what he is doing, And dont forget that Kalen is drumming too.

I wouldnt say he has added alot, its just different what he is doing, And dont forget that Kalen is drumming too.

well the songs have been changed up for the live show,which seem to be a lot heavier...i'd call that adding a lot more than david's very so so drumming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

PCros wrote:
    It was Brooks Wackerman from Bad Religion who recorded it, Bozzio only recorded 6 songs with them.

The man debased himself like that?! :'(

The man debased himself like that?! :'(

Yeah something like that:rolleyes:

He's a damn fine drummer from one of the best, most influential and most important bands of a vital era for music. To then end up playing stuff for Korn is a debasement of his aesthetic as far as I am concerned.

He's a damn fine drummer from one of the best, most influential and most important bands of a vital era for music. To then end up playing stuff for Korn is a debasement of his aesthetic as far as I am concerned.

Korn: one of the biggest rock bands in the world right now, hugely influential, seven studio albums under the belt and a heap of awards not to mention some of the best god damn music to come from the states.

Dont think Mr.Bozzio debased himself, not from his or my point of view. You just dont like Korn, thats the difference.

I disagree. Korn had their day several years ago. They don't have the legions of kiddy support they once did. They're not enormously influential. I don't hear many bands out their boasting Korn as an influence, vocally or in their sound. The statement about the quality of their music is entirely subjective, but no, not a huge fan. I'll still see them at the Hellfest if I have time, but not my favourite band in the world. Brooks is a cut above them though. As is Bozzio for that matter, but Bozzio isn't a punk in theory.

I disagree. Korn had their day several years ago. They don't have the legions of kiddy support they once did. They're not enormously influential. I don't hear many bands out their boasting Korn as an influence, vocally or in their sound. The statement about the quality of their music is entirely subjective, but no, not a huge fan. I'll still see them at the Hellfest if I have time, but not my favourite band in the world. Brooks is a cut above them though. As is Bozzio for that matter, but Bozzio isn't a punk in theory.
    i gotta agree here, korn have lost pretty much all the support that they once had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Diemos

They don't have the legions of kiddy support they once did. They're not enormously influential. I don't hear many bands out their boasting Korn as an influence, vocally or in their sound.

Now that you point it out they must be crap, Holy **** korn aren't cool anymore *panics* why did nobody tell me? *dumps korn cd's* what are the cool kids listening to these days? Emo! *runs of to get skin tight jeans* See, I'm still cool. :cool:

But don't think I'm just a sheep following the herd, I make up my own opinion.

See, what you're doing is turning a rebuttal into a point in its own right, which just plain doesn't work. I am not a raving Korn fan. Kudos to you if you are, but I see nothing intellectually interesting or challenging about their music. I am willing to debate this all day, but please make some worthwhile arguments on behalf of the band if we are to do so. Mud-slinging is not worth my time.

See, what you're doing is turning a rebuttal into a point in its own right, which just plain doesn't work. I am not a raving Korn fan. Kudos to you if you are, but I see nothing intellectually interesting or challenging about their music. I am willing to debate this all day, but please make some worthwhile arguments on behalf of the band if we are to do so. Mud-slinging is not worth my time.

As you said its subjective to peoples opinions of the band, some like them some don't.

No point arguing over it....if ya dont like them dont post here if ya do well go ahead.

End of.

Sorry, but threads aren't exclusive to fans of the band in the title, discussion is the key here, and debate, with both views aired, is the heart of discussion, so thanks, but I'll try to conduct a conversation here, and you can partake or not as you wish. I'd like to know what people see in Korn. I used to listen, but just find them blah now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,635 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Agreed with It Wasn't Me. Its a discussion of one of their singles, not a Korn appreciation thread.

I used to like them when I was younger, but I like to think my taste of music matured past them when I did. That said, I do get the odd urge to throw on songs like Get This Party Started or Freak On A leash every now and then, and grin like a goon when i do, but any of their new stuff that I've heard on channels like Scuzz is just so 'meh'. Really can't find any substance in it at all.

But no, they're not one of the most influential or biggest bands at the moment. They might have been 10 years ago, but thats about it. Not sure who is big now, but the majority of new bands that I've seen tend to sound more like Killswitch Engage and Trivium than anything else. Still not a good thing, but thats totally IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i watch kerrang and scuzz on tv.
    i see my chemical romace and fall out boy on the whole time.

that is what people are listening to. so do whatever you want.

I like both new korn songs and will be buying the new album too. If you dont want to great, means i wont have to que

... That post made no sense. Fair enough, you like Korn, but the idea of this thread, this board, this site, is to discuss it, and no one has answered my question of why they like them yet.

and no one has answered my question of why they like them yet.
    It's a bit of a ridiculous question TBH.Why does anybody like anything? Most likely because it makes them feel a certain way which they like

It's really not. I like a vast array of different music for different reasons, each appeals to me in a specific way, has certain attributes I like. Therefore, I ask what boxes listening to Korn ticks for other people, as I feel, I moved on from them as a rather unsophisticated band, and perhaps other people might take soem of what I have to say after they've explained their motivations. It's not dictation, but I like to try open minds musically and spread ideas, so this is as good a discussion as any to do so in, and people are very reluctant to talk about this band properly.

• Advertisement

I like Korn because....firstly I love their agressive rhythms and their ability to blend metal with something different wether it be hip hop (FTL) or even the industrial sound that came with See You on The Otherside.

Throughout their careers they have been able to change the sound of every album, I'll admit the Take a Look in The Mirror was not a good piece of work from them bar two or three songs off it.

They are one of the best bands I've seen live, unbelievable live presence that blows you away when they hit the stage!

Cue the woodstock performace:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-Mif7fjZY :D
    Check out the crowd...its like a wave when the song kicks in!

Advertisement