Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Korn - Evolution (first single)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

It's really not. I like a vast array of different music for different reasons, each appeals to me in a specific way, has certain attributes I like. Therefore, I ask what boxes listening to Korn ticks for other people, as I feel, I moved on from them as a rather unsophisticated band, and perhaps other people might take soem of what I have to say after they've explained their motivations. It's not dictation, but I like to try open minds musically and spread ideas, so this is as good a discussion as any to do so in, and people are very reluctant to talk about this band properly.

I wouldnt go as far as to say "unspohisticated", thats just an ill advised comment.

I play in a band and its fair to say that the only stuff that is easy to play or cover is off their first album, which was their 'best' album in minds of alot of people. Try anything from FTL onwards and its feckin tricky.

The guitar progressions are probably most straight forward but the drums are v. hard and so is the bass!

As for the lyrics, some people get in to it, some people dont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'd hardly call the drumming tricky now, let's be fair. Unsophisticated is my impression. I see them as coddling a kiddy market with pseudo-intellectual, angst-ridden material, childish metal combined with some other styles, generally something more market and radio-friendly. Just my impression of them now, but for aggression, certainly wouldn't be up there for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

I'd hardly call the drumming tricky now, let's be fair. Unsophisticated is my impression. I see them as coddling a kiddy market with pseudo-intellectual, angst-ridden material, childish metal combined with some other styles, generally something more market and radio-friendly. Just my impression of them now, but for aggression, certainly wouldn't be up there for me.

As a drummer I find the drumming very tricky, remember faget, devine, thoughtless?

I'm 22, most of there fans would be that age no, no kiddy market anymore, I think MCR are in charge of that market now.

I dunno this is my opinion and thats yours. Is impossible to argue of tastes in music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Just as a matter of interest, what would be? I'll add my opinons to the debate as soon as I get a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I see them as coddling a kiddy market with pseudo-intellectual, angst-ridden material, childish metal combined with some other styles

I wouldn't say they are only open to a kiddy market,im 19 and am a big fan of theirs,my brother is a fan since the first album,he is 31 now. My sister is 35 and she listens to them.Most my friends who are all early twenties are korn fans. And the gigs are far from just being filled with kids.

If as a band they were looking to appeal to the kiddy market would they not be trying to embrace current trends in music? Yet Korn have not tried one bit to do this. At the moment they sound like hardly any other bands on the market as they aim to do their own thing.

Also they wouldn't be hiring drummers with the talents of Bozzio,Brooks Wackerman if they were just looking to do things for the kiddy market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

S.M.B. wrote:
    Just as a matter of interest, what would be? I'll add my opinons to the debate as soon as I get a chance.

Slayer, Napalm Death, Minor Threat, stuff like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I just find Korn to be kinda fun, they have catchy riffs and make some cool sounds. Jonathon Davis himself is a bit cool. They have got some reasonably difficult stuff to play. I don't rate the quality of their compisition highly.

They're complete little leaguers when it comes to aggression though:D

Advertisement