Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues with login

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks...

So this is the second time this has happened in the last couple of days - when I get automatically logged out and try to log back in again I get the "thank you for logging in Irish Wolf" and redirected back to the page I was viewing yet I'm still logged out. I've requested my password to be reset on both occasions - the first time it worked no problem and was able to log in again, but today I was still logged out even after entering the new password. I needed to close out all my browser windows in order to log in sucessfully.

Is this a known "feature" or is there something I can do to prevent this happening in the future?

Thanky.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Have you ticked the 'Remember Me' box beside the login fields? It won't be on the main page but should be there on any other page you try to login.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

I have not - I shall try that the next time I login and hope that solves the problem. I'm guessing there's no way to prevent the automatic logout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If the 'Remember Me' feature doesn't do it then I'm not sure if there is another way.

Ok - thanks Ruu!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Do you use boards on more than one computer?

Try deleting your cookies and temp internet files and if you can delete your stored passwords also?

• Advertisement

Nope - just use the one computer... Actually it looks like the 'Remember Me' has worked. I haven't been automatically logged out after a long period of inactivity.

Thanks.

Advertisement