Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which fishing rod?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

It's my boyfriends birthday soon and I wanted to buy him a fishing rod.
    The thing is I have no idea what or where to buy him one. I hear there are several different types. I know he goes fishing in Howth so it's obviously sea fishing.
    Has anyone any tips where and what to get him and what prices are we talking?
    Thanks if anyone can help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

rory's in temple bar -
    southside angling on cork street
    or ABC on the luas lines off capel street!

the three main purveyors of angling equipment in dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

It really depends on what fishing he prefers and how much he's into it. If he goes fishing regularly chances are he has a decent rod or two. If you can ask what type he'd prefer. If this is not an option then I'd suggest you take a chance on a Spinning rod. After that it depends on how much you want to pay, I'd recommend Henry's Tackle on Ballybough Rd. I've used them and their stuff is very good and they give decent advise, here's a link http://www.henrystackleshop.com/oscommerce/. They have a bigger range in the shop than on the web.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Ruger.220swift

i would recommend just getting him a voucher for henrys fishing tackle shop so he can pick his own because if you get the wrong one he may not use it!!!

Advertisement