Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi's 19" TFT LCD Monitor

Options
  • 17-05-2007 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right section - please move as necessary.

I picked up one of these last week. When I opened the box, it didnt have any leads. I otherwise like the monitor (am using a spare lead i had) but not sure whether this should have a transformer on it or not? It does emit a high pitched noise - not sure if thats normal.

Anyways, just wondering if Aldi will discount stuff like this rather than simply accept the return? I'd ask them only i cant get away from work to go down there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Most monitors wont have an external transformer just the straight standard "kettle lead" that is used on hardware.

The high pitch wine is unfortunately normal on some LCD monitors it can go away after prolonged usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Are you sure it's not the Lidl one?

I have both, and the Lidl one makes the high pitched noise. Kind of silver border? I forget which makes each are, I'll check it out when I get home, but I can confirm that neither need any kind of transformer, just the kettle lead as was said above.

Wait, the Aldi one Is a Medion (very impressed with) and the Lidl one was a Tevion I think. The Medion is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

chamlis wrote:
    Wait, the Aldi one Is a Medion (very impressed with) and the Lidl one was a Tevion I think. The Medion is great.
    Yeah, thats the one. I don't really want the hassle of trying to find another one thats at a reasonable price and available immediately. Kind of need it now and I put up with a crap 15" for so long.

I suppose, if they can promise to provide cables, I will be happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Looks like the only option available is to return the monitor. They can't promise to have the missing hdmi cable/power cable forwarded on. Nor can they discount.
    I'd imagine they should stock them again relatively soon. The duty manager indicated as much.
    I just wondered after what length of time I no longer have the statutory entitlement to return the goods?

Advertisement