Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Teeth

Options
  • 17-05-2007 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Currently I have a 9 speed 12-25 cassette. However that ain't really enough for getting up the steep hills. I end up grinding rather than spinning. Would there be any issue changing to a 9 speed 12-27 one of these? http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=1094

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

No that should be fine - not sure how big a difference two teeth at the back would make though. If you need lower gearing you could consider a smaller chainring too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

some dude I met on the way home yesterday reckoned it would make a difference. I think he races for the Irish paralympic team. Also said that it gives a better advantage than getting a smaller chainring on it's own. I think I'll go for more teeth at the back first and then if I still need more, go for your suggestion

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

You could even go as far as 12-30 if it exists, depends on your rear derailleur.

Afaik it should go up to 30 (check with Sheldon). That'd definitely help you out :)

Advertisement