Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern v Kenny tonight

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Miriam 'under a fine gael government would it be any different?' - Long silence..............'eh'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Jackz wrote:
    he has never achieved anytihng
    Bertie said that of Joe Higgins too, is that the standard FF smear these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Jackz wrote:
    Kenny with his smiling and smug shaking his head, he has never achieved anytihng. Who does this man appeal to?

While Bertie has overseen 10 years of a health system in a mess and says the health system is not a mess and he should be credited with sorting it, sounds smug to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Jackz wrote:
    Kenny with his smiling and smug shaking his head, he has never achieved anytihng. Who does this man appeal to?

He's successfully kept his seat for 32 years and been a minister. What have you achieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

If Rabbitte & Kenny get into government, I'll f**kin emigrate!!! Ireland's very own version of Beavis & Butt-head, methinks??

Enda Kenny is coming across really poor....and Miriam O Callaghan is a brutal chairperson. A debate like this should've been chaired by John Bowman. He'd know how to handle Enda & Bertie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

irish1 wrote:
    Dublin may be the capital of this state but it is not the only county in the state;)

It's called a roll out people!.... these things have been on trail for the last 8 months in parts of south Dublin..

but i degress, my point is he's gotten his facts wrong a few times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

He's successfully kept his seat for 32 years and been a minister. What have you achieved?
    He wasn't a very good minister though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

Bertie keeps interupting enda:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

whassupp2 wrote:
    Bertie keeps interupting enda:eek:

....and vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

POW! Enda lands a right-hook on Education. Bertie struggling changes the subject to planning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

Don't make comments too personal guys! Let's keep the forum clean as long as we can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Gobán Saor

Lolz Kenny is laughing at Ahern now, and really killing him on the transport issue.
    Bertie is very weak on the transport issue. Enda could have exploited it more effectively I thought - could have gone on a rant about M50, mad cow, etc.

Moved onto education now, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

funktastic wrote:
    Jesus no humour in this at all

Yeah. Bicker bicker bicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

maoleary wrote:
    Don't make comments too personal guys! Let's keep the forum clean as long as we can.

More passion here than on the TV!

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

I was unsure before the debate on who to vote for but from what I have seen so far its going to be a vote for FG/Labour. They seem to be more realistic in what they are planning to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Stimpyone wrote:
    It's called a roll out people!.... these things have been on trail for the last 8 months in parts of south Dublin..

but i degress, my point is he's gotten his facts wrong a few times now.

How many years ago did the Gardai look for them and how long ago did a Dail Commitee agree that vest should be available.

No winners but Kenny did better than expected imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

He wasn't a very good minister though.

Why is that? For all of the whingers about his experience no one has shown that he was a bad minister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Closing remarks now......

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

redspider wrote:
    True, the debate will only be for political 'fans', however the result will get out via the media, etc, by 'osmosis' and the follow-up.

I definitely think that the analysis afterwards will be the big influence factor. Bertie got called up on past failures/broken promises, Enda got caught out on the beds costing, experience and crime statistics/guards. Plenty to talk about on both sides imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jean Dwyer

techie wrote:
    I was unsure before the debate on who to vote for but from what I have seen so far its going to be a vote for FG/Labour. They seem to be more realistic in what they are planning to do.
    As much as i hate to admit it I agree :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

go on Enda with the cupla focal!!! lol that was cheezy!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Good defensive jab from Bertie "When you were last at the cabinet table Enda Kenny..........."

Reminds me of Ireland v Egypt all those years ago. :rolleyes:
    That can only be good for the man with momentum, Kenny. The cupla focal will help as well. Can't help feeling that we are looking at the last days of Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

what the hell is Kenny talking about, can we have subtitles please

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Why is that? For all of the whingers about his experience no one has shown that he was a bad minister
    He wasn't AFAIK. The problem is that he did not distinguish himself in the job. At all. He din't really do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Bloody Kenny and his Irish speech at the end. Just comes off as smart-assed to me. I think Bertie did better overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Enda talking as Gaeilge!!! :eek: Why is he alienating us non-Gaeilgoirs? :D

As an aside, does the Taoiseach speak the cupla focail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

lol Bertia Ahern has achieved alot more! Im not a politician but I have the right to criticise one. Its a democracy much to the disapointment of people like Enda Kenny who will lecture me and suddenly pretend he is strong in the support of business this evening considering its not in his polocies!

lol Enda Kennedy

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

POW! Enda lands a right hook with a cupla focal.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭sapper

Berties 4 words of Irish vs Enda's 40!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

God I hope ppl don't do anything stupid and vote the Soldiers of Failure back in. Another 10 years of stealth tax.

Advertisement