Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahern v Kenny tonight

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I was sceptical over O'Callaghan chairing the debate but she proved me wrong big time. Great perfromance from her.... she's probably the real winner from the debate!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

Vincent Brown and his panel giving victory to Bertie.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

Crikey!!! :) I have the reply alert coming to my phone, I think the phone is going to explode!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

maoleary wrote:
    VAT, PAYE, PRSI, 3rd level "registration" fees, motor tax, tax on fuel, tax on booze, VRT. We may have low PAYE, but we get screwed with all the others. Are you completely doped up?

He's right...Come to Belgium and you'll know about tax

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

maoleary wrote:
    VAT, PAYE, PRSI, 3rd level "registration" fees, motor tax, tax on fuel, tax on booze, VRT. We may have low PAYE, but we get screwed with all the others. Are you completely doped up?

What? By what measure are we getting screwed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

ballyarse wrote:
    i can't believe the attitude of people on this forum believing Enda won the health service section of the debate. He would take money which Bertie's said is already allocated to services for cervical cancer etc. in order to provide excess numbers of beds which he will have nowhere to allocate them to. A fine gael/ labour government one without cancer treatments but at least you'll have a bed to house your rotting lifeless cancerous corpse.

If you allocate the money straight, no crooked backhanders, it will go a lot further. Look at our wonderful M50, (we paid for it), and our lovely WestLink toll bridge. More rape!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

ballyarse wrote:
    i can't believe the attitude of people on this forum believing Enda won the health service section of the debate. He would take money which Bertie's said is already allocated to services for cervical cancer etc. in order to provide excess numbers of beds which he will have nowhere to allocate them to. A fine gael/ labour government one without cancer treatments but at least you'll have a bed to house your rotting lifeless cancerous corpse.
    classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

ballyarse wrote:

Jesus christ do you fall every piece of spin from Bertie? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

maoleary wrote:

I wonder what would happen to 3rd level fees in a FG/Lab coalition.

Giblet wrote:
    I wonder what would happen to 3rd level fees in a FG/Lab coalition.

Hmmmm, they abolished them in the first place. Remember??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

maoleary wrote:
    Is it not also true that we have more take home pay though than almost anyone else in Europe... so after all our stealth taxes etc.. we still have more money to spend than our European bretheren.... especially the UK which is the market most similar to ours and poverty is everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

maoleary wrote:
    If you allocate the money straight, no crooked backhanders, it will go a lot further. Look at our wonderful M50, (we paid for it), and our lovely WestLink toll bridge. More rape!

Look at Tara, raping our history, our countryside, managing to delay itself by fucking up the planning when they could've just gone round....the list goes on and on and I for one am bloody sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Saruman wrote:
    Is it not also true that we have more take home pay though than almost anyone else in Europe... so after all our stealth taxes etc.. we still have more money to spend than our European bretheren.... especially the UK which is the market most similar to ours and poverty is everywhere.

You may not like it but Saruman speeks the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

galactus wrote:
    POW! Enda lands a right hook with a cupla focal.
    this coming from the man who wants to abolish compulsory Irish. There is nothing that this fraud will not say or try to get into power. On tonight debate its no wonder Richard Bruton has been doing all the running for FG during the campaign

nesf wrote:
    What? By what measure are we getting screwed?

ALL OF THEM you twit.

I wouldn't mind coughing up if I thought it went straight to materials and labour for stuff I'll use, instead of straight into developers fat arse pockets.

maoleary wrote:
    ALL OF THEM you twit.

Tut tut getting personal now.

Saruman wrote:

And how far does our more money go. Sweet FA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ballyarse

if there was such a large quantity of money allocated to nothing then why do we have a department for finance and health to allocate funds to the appropriate areas of the health service. I know the civil service isn't the most challenging job in the world but i'm sure these people have some amount of work to do. So yes I am taking Bertie's word for it, justly.

mickd wrote:
    this coming from the man who wants to abolish compulsory Irish. There is nothing that this fraud will not say or try to get into power. One tonight debate its no wonder Richard Bruton has been doing all the running for FG during the campaign

How is banning compulsory Irish saying that he doesn't like the language? He wants to see an end to people having Irish forced on them in school, so that people will want to learn it and be more interested as a result. Your clutching at straws big time if this is the closest you can come to pinning fraud on Kenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

maoleary wrote:
    ALL OF THEM you twit.

I wouldn't mind coughing up if I thought it went straight to materials and labour for stuff I'll use, instead of straight into developers fat arse pockets.

You have no idea of what you are talking about. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

mickd wrote:
    this coming from the man who wants to abolish compulsory Irish. There is nothing that this fraud will not say or try to get into power. On tonight debate its no wonder Richard Bruton has been doing all the running for FG during the campaign

And yet he rabbits on in Irish at the end:confused:

ballyarse wrote:
    if there was such a large quantity of money allocated to nothing then why do we have a department for finance and health to allocate funds to the appropriate areas of the health service. I know the civil service isn't the most challenging job in the world but i'm sure these people have some amount of work to do. So yes I am taking Bertie's word for it, justly.

heh heh heh heh, as a civil servant (Dept. of Ag and Food) I can tell you Bertie is talking through his hole. We waste taxpayers money to beat the band. And nobody cares! We have 100s more clerical staff than we could ever need.

Look at Tara, raping our history, our countryside, managing to delay itself by fucking up the planning when they could've just gone round....the list goes on and on and I for one am bloody sick of it.

:rolleyes: oh brother, look at how they do things in places like Sevilla for example with regards historical finds. And I'm talking real historical finds Roman villas Moorish temples etc and not just earth mounds, pots and a bit of a wall.

Saruman wrote:

While Europeans pay a higher percentage of tax in one at least they know how much has been taken from them on a weekly basis. Every time we go to purchase something, be it food, clothes, a car or house, we get shafted.

nesf wrote:
    You have no idea of what you are talking about. :)

prove it. :D

Prove to me that Bertie could have done better, prove to me that Bertie did everything he could, but couldnt fix up a school in his own constituency where kids cross the road between classes and play in a carpark

Prove me wrong sir.

Please, show me the word according to Saint Bertie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

OPENROAD wrote:
    And yet he rabbits on in Irish at the end:confused:

Trying to suck up to Irish speakers? It came accross as insincere and smug.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

maoleary wrote:
    heh heh heh heh, as a civil servant (Dept. of Ag and Food) I can tell you Bertie is talking through his hole. We waste taxpayers money to beat the band. And nobody cares! We have 100s more clerical staff than we could ever need.

I have worked in the health service behind the scenes and its exactly the same there, people that come into work every morning and do NOTHING all day long! :mad:

So he's a hypocrite?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I have to say I that before this debate I thought that Enda Kenny was a plonker, but now my opinion of him has raised quite a bit. I thought he was much more confidant then Bertie and got his points across a lot better, Bertie was clearly ****ting himself at the start and seemed to be stumbling a lot more throughout. Although I'm still fairly unsure what my vote will be next week.

• Advertisement

maoleary wrote:

a relic of the 70's/80's I'm afraid. Large government/Civil departments was a ploy to create employment. Try laying off a civil servant.

Advertisement