Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreambox and Broadband connection

• 17-05-2007 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭

Tell me more. I have reached the limit of what my twin LNB/Technomate setup can do.

Could I get sat from beyond the Irish footprint ?

Methinks a few more bob might be invested in this hobby when this wonderful new invention of broadband eventually gets to the darkest remotest reaches of central Castleknock in the years ahead.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Motor?

The only useful legal thing that Broadband adds to sat is transponder updates and and EPG for the tiny number of boxes that supports it.

I've had a measured amount of interest with motor and a Fortec Star Beta (cheap) for blind scans. Not quick though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

watty wrote:
    Motor?

The only useful legal thing that Broadband adds to sat is transponder updates and and EPG for the tiny number of boxes that supports it.

I've had a measured amount of interest with motor and a Fortec Star Beta (cheap) for blind scans. Not quick though.

Or to watch what the stations that your box receives over the the internet (legality of this anyone ?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

thanks
    not sure what I was aking.
    move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

jhegarty wrote:
    Or to watch what the stations that your box receives over the the internet (legality of this anyone ?)

A PC with a Satellite card better for that. You need to re-encode at a lower bitrate. No sat receiver does that sensibly. Unless you have a 10Mbps UPLOAD speed?

It contravenes Sky T&C on a pay package.

Otherwise PERSONAL use is OK as it is only a very long extension cable. Publically available streaming source is illegal. And also would use up all your upstream after the 1st person connected.

Set up any streaming as password protected single known IP destination. Then only you can use it. PC needed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement