Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on my pc

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Offalycool

Only if u want it installed, its not uncommon

The parts ar popular for a reason, I would wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Pc ordered and paid for, now we play the waiting game.

Hope your happy with it. If not you can return it within two weeks. dead jealous.

Offalycool wrote:
    Hope your happy with it. If not you can return it within two weeks. dead jealous.

I can get a refund if im not happy with it ? heh.

Even though im a filthy pirate I bought a copy of windos xp and paid for installation and building of the pc. Total price was just over 900 including postage and everything else. If I want to overclock, will I need more fans or is what I have ok ?

This is copied of the site.

“VII. Return guarantee

The customer has a return guarantee by German legal requirements (§ 356 BGB). The customer can send us the articles back without any reasons in the space of two weeks. The period starts when the customer receive the products and this information in written form. Only if you ordered bulky goods, you can use your return guarantee by request (for example by mail, fax or email) hwv hardwareversand.de GmbH to pick up the articles. The address for the return and the request is: hardwareversand.de GmbH, Gewerbepark Möhnesee, Daimlerweg 4, 59519 Möhnesee. To comply with the term it is necessary to send the articles back just in the term of two weeks. The reconsignment take place on our account and risk.

Furthermore hwv hardwareversand.de GmbH gives you a return guarantee for two more weeks. In this space of time you have to send back the products in original wrapping, complete and unused. We will refund you the current market price excluding shipping costs.

When the return is effective, the received benefits inclusive using advantages must be given back. If the article is in a worse condition than at the time of delivery, hwv hardwareversand.de GmbH has the right to demand compensation. This does not apply for the check of the good as it would be possible in a store. The customer can avoid the demand for compensation by not using the product like the owner and refrain everything which can reduce the value of the article.

The return guarantee does not apply for unsealed software, for newspapers, magazines and for goods, which were composed to a customers specifications or composed definitely for the personal requirements of a customer.”

If u want to beat the crap out of the rig over clocking it you can buy a cheap fan and heat sink. U simply screw the fan onto the north bridge, and stick the heat sink with the pad that comes with it so the Southbridge, that’s it. Not really necessary unless u are a stats freak, but no harm anyway.

Link to the fan: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=171616

Edit: dont do this till ur sure u want it

There is a review of the board here http://techgage.com/article/asus_p5n-e_sli/ , In it he says the north bridge gets hot (has heat sink), but the southbridge is fine (no heat sink).

• Advertisement

PC arrived yesterday, woo! Will set it up tonight after I have backup all my files and report back on its performance. Took a long long time to arrive from time of order.

Glad to hear it.. What kind of condition did it arrive in? How was it packaged?

Offalycool wrote:
    Glad to hear it.. What kind of condition did it arrive in? How was it packaged?

Packed very well. One massive cardboard box with everything in it surrounded by foam. Seems to be in perfect condition, set up now but haven't tried any games on it apart from Morrowind which ran perfectly.

Hey, so Ive tried the pc out with a few different games and they all ran perfectly with all settings maxed out on high resolution.

Stalker
    Never Winter Nights 2
    Company Of Heroes
    Oblivion
    Medieval Total War 2

Thanks guys! Will over clock the processor soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Pictures please! :D

• Advertisement

Timans wrote:
    Pictures please! :D

Second that.. Give us a look if it’s not too much trouble. :)

Advertisement