Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

were to go

Options
  • 17-05-2007 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

hey all . kinda new to fishing . just wondering were is the best place for sea fishing around the dublin area ? ill be using spinners tanx for any information

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

someone else might correct me on this, but id say dun laoighare pier is good...the west one i think...or howth..balscadden bay - u might want to wait a while though for the mackerel to come in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

when is the best time to fish for mackeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

more towards the end of the summer - july august...again i am open to be corrected, i have only ever had one session catching mackerel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

wat shall i expect to catch around this time of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

If its mackeral you're after just follow the crowds! Usually is not very pleasant fishing though.

There's a large variety of fish and usually some fish better at different times of the year. Check out the forums on Sea Angling Ireland, the shore reports show what's being caught and you'll get plenty tips on how to target the various species. http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org

Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement