Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitten wanted

• 17-05-2007 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I've heard its not actually kitten season yet, but I know there are still some kittens being born.

I have been trying to find a kitten since last December so I'd really appreciate if anyone who has one could get in touch with me.

The kitten will be kept indoors, neutered and given lots of love!

I have a car and carrier so can pick up wherever is necessary.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

check the dspca animal shelter

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tiggerrl

The DSPCA doesn't have any kittens at the moment, nor do any of the kitten adoption or welfare organisations, but thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I didn't know there was a kitten season! YAY! When is it?

I did not know cats still had a season when they generally gave birth i thought they were too domesticated for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Many of them have loads of kittens, but not many old enough to go to a home yet. Give it two months, there will be plenty but kittens are often booked ahead of time.

Have you tried asking to be informed when they have one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Not worth a new thread.. is this little lad real or photoshopped http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cattv0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

bushy... wrote:
    Not worth a new thread.. is this little lad real or photoshopped http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cattv0.jpg

He looks a bit too alert to be that small. => Photoshopped

Very cute though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

tiggerrl wrote:
    I've heard its not actually kitten season yet, but I know there are still some kittens being born.

I have been trying to find a kitten since last December so I'd really appreciate if anyone who has one could get in touch with me.

The kitten will be kept indoors, neutered and given lots of love!

I have a car and carrier so can pick up wherever is necessary.

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KITTENADOPTION

At any one time 19% of unaltered female cats will be pregnant, though predominately it is spring and summer months that produce the most kittens, winter kittens if born to the outside elements tend not to be healthy kittens or just not make it.
    It takes a female to come into estrus (season) To spark of the males ardor.

The sad fact in Ireland this year there will be approx 300,000 kittens born with 185,00 dying in the first week of their lives.

Folks are saying that "Kitten season " is late this year, when in fact it is looking more likely because of the mild winter, that we are now seeing a later spring second breeding.
    Anyway I digress :D We do have kittens ranging from 10 days to 3 weeks old, we ask folks to apply via our web site which means they are on our data base,we then will work through the applicants in order arrange home support etc...

There is a process, the kittens if they have the luxury of a mom stay with her for a period of 8 weeks if taking kittens in pairs and preferably 12 weeks if someone is looking for a single kitten, take kitten too early and you will end up with many behavioural problems, unfortunately most folks seem to want very very young kittens. These are the kittens that can end up in rescue again.

We blood test the moms at time of spay for FIV and FeLV so we know we are dealing with VIRAL FREE kittens or not.

All our kittens if they are orphaned will be tested for FeLV and arrangements will be made for the FIV test at 6 months.

All kittens will have been wormed de flead whether they need it or not ;) , any other health issues tended too, and documentation which the potential adopter will receive along with their vax cert and a profile of our findings of the kitten, yes the all do have different needs and personalities even at that age.:cool:
    We also give 24/7 back up via the phone or our web site.
    Advice is given to ANYONE who has a kitten whether it came from KITTEN ADOPTION or not.

Jan

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭corkimp

Kitten Adoption - A friend of mine has a female cat that is pregnant and due soon. Do you know where she can start to find them homes. She's in Cork Ireland. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 KITTENADOPTION

Things that can be done to help find homes.

The kittens would obviously need to stay with mum for at least 8 weeks,the longer the kittens are with mom the more adjusted kittens they are, can you get the kittens a quick vet check prior to re homing? preferably (if all appears well at 4-5 week and then at 8 weeks). At this age stage they would also need a worm preparation and a flea preparation ((You can do this yourself under guidance) Although if they appear very worm bound early worming may be advised. First the vet would be able to make sure they are fit and healthy and tell you what sex they are ((though you may be well able to do this yourself )) All this can help with re homing. A vaccination is needed at 8 weeks and then at 12 weeks too. You may wish to ensure your kittens are vaccinated prior to homing and or inform any potential homes,

When the kittens are weaned around the 6 weeks you will need to get the mother cat spayed to save a repeat performance, it's worth noting that female cats can and do come back into estrus days after giving birth :eek: So the sooner she can be done the better for all. I would not be letting her wander outside before she is spayed as she may get caught again.
    Spaying not only stops the oops litter but has many health benefits for the cat too, the prevention of uterine cancer being one.
    You may also want to get her tested for FIV and FeLV as this is predominately spread by the deep penetrating mating bite.

You can take pictures of them and post on homes needed on www.irishanimals.ie web site, they have a high volume of folks looking to home animals. Other places where this is a high volume of folks..Garden centers or even local papers Vets may also let you use their message board, and as said pictures do help with re homing.

You may wish to vet any potential adopters yourself to ensure the kittens are finding good forever homes. Kitten adoptions web site has advice on questions you may want to ask.
    Good luck in finding homes for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

This little kitten was found last night after being abandoned by its mother. He is 4 weeks old and desperately needs a loving home. He has seen the vet and is healthy with the exception of an eye infection which he has an ointment for now and already he is getting better. Unfortunately the DSPCA will not take kittens younger than 6 weeks, so his fate would be sealed there and we can’t have that L Do you know of anyone who would love a new companion and give this little kitten a loving home. If so please contact me – thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

I spotted an add for 2 persian (not pedigree) kittens in the echo yesterday and as i have been lookin for one for the last year (but cant afford 500e's) i rang straight away. Only the male was left and he was wormed, neutered, house trained and ready to go at 11 weeks. So i told her i'd pick him up today but the owner text me this morning and told me she's keeping him..:(

I'm so sickened, :( If anyone knows of any persian, semi-persian kittens for sale please do let me know. I only work part-time and live in a big house with lots of free time for a kitten!

Thanks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 ouldscratch

I found a home for the aforementioned kitten folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I've got 2 kittens looking for home, they're just under 3 months and both male, would you like to take one? or even two? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JasperMcEwan

3 cute kittens free to kind caring homes. One a female tabby (monkey) is 15 weeks old, wormed and vaccinated. Two (google and Yahoo, sisters, both female we think) are 9 weeks old and wormed. These two have lovely colouring with white, brown, tan and black markings. All are house (litter box) trained and great fun. Love to keep them but we already have two adult cats and a dog on the way. Willing to deliver within reason to greater Dublin, Meath, Louth area.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Sligome

my cat just had kittens so they will be ready about the 18th of september.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Dee_animallover

Flynn wrote: »
    I spotted an add for 2 persian (not pedigree) kittens in the echo yesterday and as i have been lookin for one for the last year (but cant afford 500e's) i rang straight away. Only the male was left and he was wormed, neutered, house trained and ready to go at 11 weeks. So i told her i'd pick him up today but the owner text me this morning and told me she's keeping him..:(

I'm so sickened, :( If anyone knows of any persian, semi-persian kittens for sale please do let me know. I only work part-time and live in a big house with lots of free time for a kitten!

Thanks...

Neutered at 11 weeks :eek::eek: Thats FAR too young, should be at least 6 months! Why do you want a persian/semi persian? There are lots of cute kittens looking for homes, would you not consider one of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Carol H

Found on the side of the road today gorgeous kitten 2nd Sept 2009.
    We think its a girl approx 10 weeks old. Really friendly and loving.
    Email newcastle@eircom.net or call 045 870411 we live in Co Kildare (near Naas, Clane, Prosperous) area.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sparky89

Hi

I just came across your post,
    I have a friend who runs a dog rescue shelter and she is based in westmeath

She has just taken in two homeless kittens they are about 7 weeks old and are fabulous
    They are both tabby cats one is a ginger tabby and the other is a grey tabby
    They are already litter trained and are very playful

She can not keep them due to the amount of dogs she has so shes looking for homes for them asap.

If you are interested i can give you her number

Hope this helps and best of luck finding a kitten :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

sparky89 wrote: »
    Hi

I just came across your post,
    I have a friend who runs a dog rescue shelter and she is based in westmeath

She has just taken in two homeless kittens they are about 7 weeks old and are fabulous
    They are both tabby cats one is a ginger tabby and the other is a grey tabby
    They are already litter trained and are very playful

She can not keep them due to the amount of dogs she has so shes looking for homes for them asap.

If you are interested i can give you her number

Hope this helps and best of luck finding a kitten :)

Zombie thread, sparky, it's four years old...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

old thread is old

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement