Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many hours study?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I'm just wondering how many hours study you're doing a day. I'm doing about seven myself but I need to do more. Finding it difficult to motivate myself plus I'm getting lured into watching crappy daytime TV like Oprah and Ricki Lake

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Should have polled it.

Seven hours??? Is that after school? Or are you not going to school? I generally try to work from about an hour after I get home from school, which is at quarter to four, until around half ten, when I'm usually too tired to do anymore. So that's about five hours or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Just depends on the day really.

Are you looking for really high points?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Time doesn't matter, what you do with the time does. Me about 3 hours an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Depends on the day. Yesterday over 4 hours, today about half an hour due to match. I can be flexible really, it doesnt concern me too much. On average, it'd be about 2.5-3 hours a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

umm, for the purposes of this thread how are we defining study? Personally, I'm doing nothing more than what I get done in school right now. That said, the teacher's are going over the stuff really well so I reckon it's all staying fresh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Doesn't matter as far as I'm concerned. Naturally people who've been working solidly since the start of the year don't need to go off on a cramming blitz.

Again, its not a question of how many hours of study your doing but the manner in which you study and whether or not you're absorbing the information. For me, reading stuff is no way to memorise anything. I have to write out what I'm trying to learn, find out where I'm going wrong and keep trying till I have the info learned. That way, I'm confident that I've learned the stuff as best as I can. This goes for all subjects too, not just the pure theory based ones like Biology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

7 is a bit extreme if you're still going to school IMO. 2 - 4 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

3 hrs after school study, 0-2 hours when I get home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

We have school til 3.30 than after school study 3.45 till 6.00 and then i do 7.30 till 10.30 at home, how do u fit in 7 hours??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

I did about half an hour today, woops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Caoltan

7 hrs? ye mental? i dunno i do about 5-630 then 730 to 9 after school. the i watch tv. i mean are you actually gonna use yeatsian quotes in the rest of your lifE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

Caoltan wrote:
    7 hrs? ye mental? i dunno i do about 5-630 then 730 to 9 after school. the i watch tv. i mean are you actually gonna use yeatsian quotes in the rest of your lifE?

Wow, wish I was you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

As of Wednesday Im not going to school anymore. Hurray! While I was in school I was playing alot of sport and I was very easily distracted so I was getting about 2 hours max in a day. So I'm at home now and I'm hoping to get in about 8 hours a day. Its alot better than being in school. Trust me!! But 8 hours actually isn't alot. There was a girl in one of them exam brief magazines who did the leaving last year and did 10 hours a day for the last 3 weeks!! Thats pretty intense.

I was just wondering, we have our graduation on the 27th. I tought everyone would be going out that night or whateva but apparently not?? Its basically a tradition but loadsa ppl r sayin they have to study etc. Any comments on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

^ What a load of losers, tell them to pull the sticks out of their asses and go out. Lol.

We've a graduation ceremony then a night out, then a party at mine, Friday for recovery and a guy's 18th on the Saturday (which I'll probably miss :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wooo, party at Rozabeez's house

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

As of Wednesday Im not going to school anymore. Hurray! While I was in school I was playing alot of sport and I was very easily distracted so I was getting about 2 hours max in a day. So I'm at home now and I'm hoping to get in about 8 hours a day. Its alot better than being in school. Trust me!! But 8 hours actually isn't alot. There was a girl in one of them exam brief magazines who did the leaving last year and did 10 hours a day for the last 3 weeks!! Thats pretty intense.
    I'd be willing to bet 5 of that 10 hours every day was useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭elefant

Some days i do upto 3 hours, somedays i do nothing.

I just want it to be over... Debs, ******, football, holidays..what leaving cert?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

I'd be willing to bet 5 of that 10 hours every day was useless.

I don't know, the person he/she is on about is Ruth Gilligan, I read the article also. She is doing pure english in cam, which I think is ironic considering her book is trash and will never be considered a novel let alone literary fiction. Think I am being harsh- she herself said 'okay its not going to win a pilitzer prize but it's what people enjoy'(having a stange memory is handy for the leaving too). I also question why she craves such publicity. As well as appearing in exam brief, she spoke about her leaving on today fm and her debs formed a large part of the arts lives programme on so called chick lit. Go away now please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭euwwy deuwwy

Thank you Rozabeez, Youv'e thrown me a little ray of light and I'm inspired to get up off my ass and have an absolute amazing 'weve got the leaving cert in a week, lets drown our sorrows' party. I had started to loose hope before this! lol

Advertisement