Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fastest golf round ever (with one ball)?

• 17-05-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knew, or could find out for me, the current world record for the quickest round ever played while using a single ball? A UK mate of mine is trying to organise an attempt in his golf club but they're having trouble nailing down the proper statistic.

As far as I can see, the American 1500m record holder once did a round in 29 minutes (shooting a 92!) but they're not restricting it to a single player, they're going to have a hundred or so people around the course ready to hit the ball as soon as it comes to a stop.. I remember seeing some attempts on TV in passing a while back but I can't remember the actual result.

Any help at all would be graciously received. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Yeah interesting one. Steve scott was his name. But I'd imagine that that was for just one man.

I know club have organised this before where loads of people try it, but i'd imagine they'd do it in quicker than 29 mins.

Also according to the rules of golf you don't have to play with the same ball for the whole round, just for one hole. So in theory the second a ball drop into a hole someone could smash another one off the next tee......hmmmm....

sorry, can't help you with a time tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Mister Sifter

well, i played 18 holes in 2 hours 15 mins on monday... sounds like i'll need to quicken up though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

I thought it was around 10 mins or so. Could be even less. Though it wasn't the same person hitting the ball. People where lined the fairway rough etc etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭kagni

Dug this up on the web, not sure if this is the current record...
    "Fastest round of golf (18 holes) by a team - 9 minutes and 28 seconds. Set at Tatnuck CC in Worcester in September 9, 1996 at 10:40am."

There have been faster but I don't think they were over 18 different holes (some play 3 holes 6 times)

Advertisement