Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart now Available in Blanch

Options
  • 17-05-2007 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Just got a mail from Smart - service now available in Blanchardstown Exchange

"I am writing in connection to a previous application made for Smart Broadband.

I am delighted to inform you that Smart Broadband is now available in your area!

Smart Broadband is designed to meet all of your residential needs.

This week only we are offering speeds of up to 8Mbps ( For only €25.81- including VAT).

This "always on" service will allow you to view web content and download files in seconds.

Unlike other broadband offerings, Smart Telecom guarantees that our broadband network will always remain completely un-congested, so you will not experience slowdowns at peak times.

Smart Broadband is a bundled product that is offered alongside your telephone calls and line rental.

All Smart Broadband Packages include:

Free Connection, Free Line Rental & Free 4-port Router"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

oh please be true :eek: been waiting for this for a while, kickin NTL to the curb as soon as I can get this :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Does anyone know if Smart is available in Dublin 11 (St. Margaret's Road).Moving into my apartment soon so weighing up my BB options.NTL is wired in but don't want to touch them.So what the procedure so signing up with Smart?There is a Eircom phone line coming into the apartment so do I sign up with Eircom first then call smart to change over?Is there a certain amount of time I have to stay with Eircom before I jump ship or can I sign up with them,then as soon as I'm connected get in touch with Smart?Can I just go through Smart from day one?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Interesting, 'cause I get this from their website:

Your phone number 182***** is serviced by the BLANCHARDSTOWN exchange.
    This exchange is not on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme.

Please check back again at a later date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Just for a Laugh;
    I typed in The smart telecom Support Number 014699300 to see if smart broadband was available for them. The resulting message says:

Your phone number 014699300 is serviced by the CITYWEST exchange.

Please check back again at a later date

Lol, do you think they are using Eircom???:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭00sully

PauloMN wrote:
    Interesting, 'cause I get this from their website:

Your phone number 182***** is serviced by the BLANCHARDSTOWN exchange.

Please check back again at a later date.

I get the same, blanchardstown exchange :( and they haven't answered my email asking when/if it would be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

from e-mail :

In order for us to begin processing your order, all you need to do is complete the attached customer authorization form and return it to:

Smart Telecom

Broadband Dept.

3300 Lake Drive

City west Business Campus

Dublin 24

Or fax it into 01- 4699301.

Or alternatively, you could call a member of the sales team on 1800 718 555.

The form was attached to the e-mail.

I can pm it to you if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

menoscemo wrote:
    Just for a Laugh;
    I typed in The smart telecom Support Number 014699300 to see if smart broadband was available for them. The resulting message says:

Your phone number 014699300 is serviced by the CITYWEST exchange.

Please check back again at a later date

Lol, do you think they are using Eircom???:D :D

Nope, they'll be using their own network. I have Smart Telecom and if I put my phone number into their line checker it says the same. This is due to their line checker only checking Eircom numbers and not their own number ranges.

Its the same if you try to test a Smart number on an eircom (or their reseller's) line checkers - they have no data on the Smart numbers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Pizzahead, you have a wonderful sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

aaronm13 wrote:
    Does anyone know if Smart is available in Dublin 11 (St. Margaret's Road).Moving into my apartment soon so weighing up my BB options.NTL is wired in but don't want to touch them.So what the procedure so signing up with Smart?There is a Eircom phone line coming into the apartment so do I sign up with Eircom first then call smart to change over?Is there a certain amount of time I have to stay with Eircom before I jump ship or can I sign up with them,then as soon as I'm connected get in touch with Smart?Can I just go through Smart from day one?

I'm in Cremore Heights, Dublin 11 and have had Smart for a few years - very pleased with it. I'm on the whitehall exchange. As far as I know you'll have to go with eircom first:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

digitaldr wrote:
    I'm in Cremore Heights, Dublin 11 and have had Smart for a few years - very pleased with it. I'm on the whitehall exchange. As far as I know you'll have to go with eircom first:(

Thanks for the reply.Reckon thats the option for me so pity Eircom still have it sown up,wish we could just by pass them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement