Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property in New York

Options
  • 17-05-2007 6:23pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been looking at apartments in New York (on line and to buy) It seems that I haven't got a clue about the US housing market. There seems to be huge maintenance costs with some of these apartments $1K/month being typical enough. anyway we are at the stage where we need to go and sit down with some one here, I have yet to try our usual solicitor. Has anyone bought there recently, I've been looking at www.REALTOR.com anyone know of a different of better one?

I've heard that agents can sting buyers for anything up to 20% increase in the actual value of the apartment.

Has anyone any experience / general advice, or does anyone know of agents here who are at best trustworthy.?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement