Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Bike

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

A carbon Litespeed? Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Nice bike (though see comments below). Have you spec-ed the components yet?

Just in case you haven't heard, are you aware that Litespeed are no longer producing carbon machines? Claim that the quality is not up to what they can achieve with Ti.

Google it, you'll get some details.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

cerebus wrote:
    Nice bike (though see comments below). Have you spec-ed the components yet?

Just in case you haven't heard, are you aware that Litespeed are no longer producing carbon machines? Claim that the quality is not up to what they can achieve with Ti.

Google it, you'll get some details.

Well im ony getting the frame and sourcing and building the rest my self panet x forks with ultegra groupset Ambrosio Handelbar and stem Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels i have a campag Record carbon seat post as well all topped of by nice red look pedals

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

They're fine, know a few lads with them, nice light frame. Forget the quality remark made above, its just marketing BS, Litespeed don't make the frame, its an off the peg frame manufactured by one of the big carbon factories, probably Giant or Martec. I think it might come from the same place as the Lapierres. Either way, its a decent frame, the guys I know with them love them. It just hasn't sold for Litespeed, why buy a carbon litespeed ? They are known for their TI frames and thats their customer base, they thought they'd get a little slice of the carbon frame pie and after dipping their toe in, if they are not selling them anymore, they probably decided it wasn't worth the effort no doubt. Its still a good frame though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ipodking

How much are Mavic Cosmic Carbone costing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

ipodking wrote:
    How much are Mavic Cosmic Carbone costing?
    I got my set in germany for about €900 in a sale there was on a weekend break could not leave them behind

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

I got my set in germany for about €900 in a sale there was on a weekend break could not leave them behind

Nice one, would have been temped by that price myself but they'd be wasted on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭theo4130

i really like this pavia frame, im thinking about getting the scaer aurelias (same frame, different name) complete from velotec.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi there,

I used to think that the Scaer was the same frame too. It looks it, but as it turns out its not. Probably same factory, but it is a bit different in places especially around the back fork, doesn't look like it in the pics, but one of my bikes is built around a scaer (actually a pedalforce qs2) but also got it from padraig in Velotec. Its not quite as stiff as the litespeed from what I could tell anyway, but that makes it a little easier to ride on bumpy irish roads and the scaer is still a nice frame. Got me up Alpe D'Huez last year anyway and going nicely on it so far this year. Looks mean too with my Planet X Pro Carbon 50 wheels !

Advertisement