Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xboxlive disconnecting every few minutes

• 17-05-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭

hi

I hooked up to xbox live yesterday. I bought a wireless adaptor and headset. It was pretty easy connecting automatically and it downloaded an update. My problem is that it keeps disconnecting every few minutes all the time. Can not make heads or tails of it. My ISP is Permanet (2MB Biz) and I have (I know it sounds weird but I have two routers connected to each other) a 3Com and D-Link 524 routers. Reason being having two is that my bb is in my parents house hooked to my dad's pc from the 3Com and I have an ethernet running from there to my d-link in my house. I've looked at the firmware of the d-link 524 here and this says f/w ver 1.05 and 3.00 is compatable with xbox live and then gives a list of different revisions. Mine is rev b4 and isn't listed and my f/w is 2.04. Could this be my problem or the fact of the 2 routers or something else. I'm not really sure. I want to be able to enjoy some of my 1 month free gold membership :)

Any suggestions would be great guys and much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I have a similiar setup/ problem and I figured out I keep disconnecting because there's a call on the wireless phone. It's stupid, but just check if the same is happening to you.

Anyone know a fix for my problem? Are there just certain phones on a certain frequency that do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

perhaps its just the router configuration you have set up, signal might be dropping due to the frequency strength, mess around with different frequencies and see if that helps. That was the case for me with my xbox anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

It just depends on the connection itself sometimes. I run live off a wired broadband connection and now and then it gives me a bit of hassle. If I turn off my router for a few minutes and run it back to the console again it usually runs fine. Sometimes its just plain luck not technical wizadry. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

ok guys. thanks for the replies. I guess I'll just mess around with the settings and hope for the best. I just thought it might be the F/W on my router.

Pedro Monscooch : Don't have any phone on it but thanks.

god this is driving me mad :) I've even tried it wired. The xbox connects to 'live' and stays connected for maybe 5-10 minutes. Then it disconnects. When I try to reconnect it goes through the list and 'confirms' everything and fails on xbox live. When I retry it keeps failing the MTU. When I turn off the xbox for awhile it reconnects again and the same thing happens. I don't have any security on my network, only mac address filtering. Anybody else have suggestions please........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide2.php?department=Home
    Check out the FAQs on this site. Had the same problem earlier this week on eircom netopia, and this site finally got it up and running.

http://www.xboxlivetheguide.co.uk/XBoxLiveTheGuide2.php?department=Home
    Check out the FAQs on this site. Had the same problem earlier this week on eircom netopia, and this site finally got it up and running.

cheers johnny-ultimate, will check that out ;) Will reply back if I get it working for anyone else with similar problems

Just to let you know that the problem is fixed now (I think it was a wrong IP address on the 3com but I'm not sure because I just kept messing around with settings).

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My XBOXLIVE was working perfect for the past month, absolutely no problems at all and again now its disconnecting every few minutes. Didn't change a thing, even saved the settings of the routers. Why can't networks just stay stable? Was getting NAT errors also in bittorrent but sorted that
    :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

AntiRip wrote:
    OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My XBOXLIVE was working perfect for the past month, absolutely no problems at all and again now its disconnecting every few minutes. Didn't change a thing, even saved the settings of the routers. Why can't networks just stay stable? Was getting NAT errors also in bittorrent but sorted that
    :mad:

It seems a bit hit and miss for me at the moment. I upped the software firewall to counterract the lowering of the hardware one. When I get my disconnects, my computer is usually one in the background. Turning it off seems to sort if out. Also, I get more disconnects in idle mode than I do when downloading / playing online / chatting. Dont really know why, mind.

• Advertisement

it's just very annoying and disappointing tbh. Just bought 12+1 sub aswell. Will try turning off the pc while running XBL but it has always been running in the background when it was working fine. It must be on MS side cause I cannot think of anything else to do on the router side.

Advertisement