Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waiting ages for third provisional License

Options
  • 17-05-2007 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

I submitted the form for my third provisional over 10 working days ago and have still not received it, problem is my 2nd provisional has expired as of the 15th and I still have not received my third, I submitted it along with evidence I have applied for my test (which will take 40 weeks to come around). The website said it should take 10 working days.....

Problem is I have to drive, so essentially I am driving illegally right now....what is everyone else's experience of the turn around time?

P.S. It is for Dublin City Council that I applied to.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dublin City Council are very slow from what I heard. (On the other hand, the Ballymun office is blazingly fast, licence sent out the next day). I've heard of quite a few people waiting 3 weeks.

By the way, if the gardaí stop you, you can just show them the receipt you got from the tax office. Driving on an expired licence is barely an offence, totally different from driving without a licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

But I posted it in, I did not hand it in, so no receipt.....unfortunately they don't open hours that people might be available, the ballymun office is a 15 minute walk from where I live in Northwood...:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I wouldn't worry about it Easy Rider. Driving on an expired licence is not really considered to be an offence. Driving without ever having had a relevant licence is a much more serious offence. A person can let their licence lapse for 10 years before having to resit a test. Even insurance companies ask if you "hold or have ever held" a licence for the relevant category.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

I rang them the other day and they said there is a 3 week delay on getting around to sending out the licences.

Advertisement