Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash - Embedding fonts

Options
  • 17-05-2007 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I've created a flash movie for a main panel of a site - there's blocks of text as part of the swf. The font I'm using is Century Gothic - a system font I woulkd have thought.

ANyway whe I tested the swf on another PC it's not showing up at all within the finished flash movie. I have read that in some cases, embedding the used font is the answer. However all solutions start at the beginning of text creation.

Is there any way to reverse-solve this problem with the existing text I have in flash (they are converted to movie symbols now) The is an alpha effect with this text.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

break apart the text, so it turns into vectors. You dont need to worry about fonts then because the text is now a shape (as long as the text is not dynamic)

press ctrl-B to break apart the symbol and then ctrl-B to break apart each letter.

I think this is what you wanted to know

hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

grahamor wrote:
    break apart the text, so it turns into vectors. You dont need to worry about fonts then because the text is now a shape (as long as the text is not dynamic)

press ctrl-B to break apart the symbol and then ctrl-B to break apart each letter.

I think this is what you wanted to know

hope it helps

I've largeish chunks of text - is there any way around breaking apart each letter?!

The text has an alpha effect - so would this not be dynamic?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

sticker wrote:
    The text has an alpha effect - so would this not be dynamic?!

"Dynamic text" refers to text taken from an external source: external text file, database, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Liam Byrne wrote:
    "Dynamic text" refers to text taken from an external source: external text file, database, etc.

APologies then... I've generated this text within flash itself using the text tool. When I test the movie on my own PC it plays fine - the text appears from one side with an alpha effect. But when I test it on my work PC it doesn't appear - all other components in the movie play - just not the text...?!?!

I'm not using an exotic font - Arial - I'm just stuck as to a remedy

Advertisement