Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hygiene Standards! How to report?

• 17-05-2007 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Where/how do I report a rathering shocking hygiene situation that I came across in a restaurant (fast food take-out albeit)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Contact your local HSE office, and they'll point you the right way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I'd have thought the Food Safety Authority (www.fsai.ie) would be your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

The HSE is the way to go. Each local area has one or more environmental health officers whose business it is to deal with these things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭Alun

rockbeer wrote:
    The HSE is the way to go. Each local area has one or more environmental health officers whose business it is to deal with these things.
    So what does the FSAI do, then? I'm not trying to be cheeky or anything :D just that from what I can see from their website, this kind of thing falls within their remit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The FSAI is more an advisory body about Food Standards and problems which occur (contamination in products for sale etc)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

rockbeer wrote:

Yes, and you can request a copy of the audit too, if you don't request a copy it may be put on the back burner or the 'to-do' list. Your perfectly entitled to the results of the audit.
    DaDa wrote:
    a rathering shocking hygiene situation that I came across in a restaurant

Care to elaborate? It might be better not to name names though.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Sparks400 wrote:
    Care to elaborate? It might be better not to name names though.

Standing in line in a chipper (midnight).
    About to order a bag of chips... when something small and black falls from the ceiling onto the fried chicken warming oven.

It's a dirty big black cockroach on it's back... legs wiggling like mad.

Jaybus, that's not good. On to the HSE with you. Let us know how you get on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

DaDa wrote:
    Standing in line in a chipper (midnight).
    About to order a bag of chips... when something small and black falls from the ceiling onto the fried chicken warming oven.

Ahhh sure it would be nice and cooked when you get it out of the fryer :)

I'm sure that place wouldn't have a patch on the loverly ladees in our canteen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

DaDa wrote:

Did they batter or crumb it before chucking it in with the nuggets? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

:-)

I still get the shivers thinkinig about it!

HSE was the way to go... waiting for a call back... will update you.

DaDa wrote:
    :-)
    will update you.
    Look forward to it, ta!

Advertisement