Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pen Drives Appearing as Hard Disk Drives

• 17-05-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hey

When I plug my pen drive (256mb) drive into my computer it appears under Hard Disk Drives Rather than under Devices with Removable Storage. This normally wouldn't annoy me but I'm trying to make some usb pen drives bootable and for this to work they must appear as removable. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

In the device manager bring up the volumes properties and see if you can set the drive for quick removal under the policies tab.

As far as I'm aware you should be able to make the drive boot-able regardless.

This is what I use a HP USB boot utility, this is an earlier version than what's on HP's site as the newer one has a crazy UI.

Make a floppy boot disk or extract files from an image then copy to a folder, then point the utility at said folder and the USB drive and it will make it a DOS boot device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Yes that HP Boot Utility never worked for me previously. I could make them bootable on my computer fine but booting from other systems never worked but it did work when they appeared as removable devices. I wonder why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Very weird... could it be the partition on the flash drives try removing it altogether in disk management console and format with FAT32 to see if anything changes.

Advertisement