Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from UTV Clicksilver to digiweb - porting time?

Options
  • 17-05-2007 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Thinking (again) about making the switch to digiweb so I can wave bye-bye to eircom line rental. The digiweb site only mentions porting eircom numbers, but my BB and phone calls are all via UTV. So hs anyone made the journey across and if so how long does it take and will I be without any (useful) internet for weeks?

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You have to cancel all UTV services to port number.

If you are changing to Digiweb DSL, no number porting is needed, or possible. You can change to Digiweb DSL and still pay UTV for phone calls. Your number is an eircom number. Or use a different CPS. You still require an eircom line for Digiweb DSL. With UTV, you are simply pay the eircom line rental to them.

Metro does not use a phone line at all, hence you can port number and cancel eircom completely.

Here is what to do for Metro:
    1) Order Digiweb Metro (the only thing number porting applies to),
    2) When you get it cancel all UTV services and revert phone charges to eircom.
    3) When Digiweb phone is working and you have last UTV bill, then apply to port number. There is no interuption of Digiweb phone service. After the number is ported you get a last eircom bill and your phone line ceases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭sesswhat

If you are leaving UTV be aware they will need at least 30 days notice, and you can expect some fun with extra charges. See my earlier post and have a search for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cheers for that.

edit. got this from digiweb support
    Hi your calls would also have to be with Eircom and you would have to be
    in an available coverage area to avail of a package.

Confused.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 prittstick

if you're in a metro covg area you don't need an eircom line, you can port BT to digiweb but i think you have to port back to eircom first.

If you cant get metro you dont need to port coz digiweb only re-sell eircom bb.

Advertisement