Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Cable Available In An Area It's NOT?!

Options
  • 17-05-2007 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Ok here's the deal, I moved into a new flat on the Old Cabra Road last week and had my account transfered from my old apartment. The old account had basic cable tv, digital tv and a 6mb broadband connection. According to the NTL website and their lackies on the support line my area broadband isn't available in this area.

I was however talking to the engineer on the phone earlier before he arrived to the flat when I was in work (girlfriend was at home to let them in etc) and he said he'd test the signal anyway to see if it was carrying the broadband signal and low and behold here I am posting on boards.ie, apparently the only person in this area able to recieve NTL.

I'm not complaining or anything but I'm just wondering, if the broadband is available in this area then why isn't it advertised as being so?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

That'd be due to the great internal communications within NTL/UPC/Chorus.
    Also influenced by the usual knowledge difference between sales and engineering
    found in most communications companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

That'd be due to the great internal communications within NTL/UPC/Chorus.
    Also influenced by the usual knowledge difference between sales and engineering
    found in most communications companies.

Well they wouldn't have been gaining a sale as I was already contracted to them and was just transferring an existing account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

And if your new neighbours had phoned yesterday requesting the service
    as a new subscriber?

And if your new neighbours had phoned yesterday requesting the service
    as a new subscriber?

Well as I said when I called up they told me it wasn't available.... so meh.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Achilles wrote:
    Well as I said when I called up they told me it wasn't available.... so meh.

Consider yourself lucky! Not so long ago a poster on here told us the story of how NTL (this was before the not so miraculous appearance of UPC) had written to him and told him that BB was now available to him in Bolton Street, Dublin.

He duly rang up and said I want that BB you wrote to me about and they told him it was not available. Ah but you wrote to me says he - ah even though we might write to you it does not mean it is available!

Alice in Wonderland stuff!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

dub45 wrote:
    Consider yourself lucky! Not so long ago a poster on here told us the story of how NTL (this was before the not so miraculous appearance of UPC) had written to him and told him that BB was now available to him in Bolton Street, Dublin.

He duly rang up and said I want that BB you wrote to me about and they told him it was not available. Ah but you wrote to me says he - ah even though we might write to you it does not mean it is available!

Alice in Wonderland stuff!:rolleyes:

Oh I consider myself lucky, I just find it incredibly odd. So I currently have a contention rate of 1:1 as there's no one else here with broadband.

Erh wait... maybe I shouldn't have posted saying it was available here... erh... move along people nothing to see here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭dathiultaigh

this also happened myself. I called day one - told i could get no service in my new flat. Day two called told i could get no service. Called day three - hey i can get my service transferred to the new address ... first 2 times i think i must have got the same guy who did not give a crap (?)

Advertisement