Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheryl Tweedy/ Cole/ Fernadez-Versini /

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

It's just C Cole or anyone else on your close to exhaustive list of sinners have the right to move on and we should move on too.

Well your views are purely idealistic in the celebrity world then. Celebrities are always known for the misdemeanours and failings its common knowledge, and any celebrity who thinks they can ever get away from a mistake they've made is naive. If you put yourself in the public eye, you reap its good and rewards.

Personally I don't think celebrities have "the right" to move on, as they have always been given preferential treatment by the legal system and their punishments never match up to those of lay people. Celebrities put their image at the mercy of the beast which is the public when they become famous and its up to them to maintain it and realise that anything they do will alwas come back to them. They want the publics adoration when they do something good, yet when they do something bad they want it struck off the record. You can't feed the beast and complain when it bites back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

as they have always been given preferential treatment by the legal system and their punishments never match up to those of lay people.

Were any of the people on your rogues gallery given preferential treatment?

Were any of the people on your rogues gallery given preferential treatment?

Well I only mentioned 3 but as I said that list goes on and on, I just dont fancy writing a thesis on it.

Ok lets see Cheryl Cole only got community service, yet the punishment stated in the law is upto 2 years in jail and a fine.

Boy George only served 4 months of a 15 month sentence.

Hugh Grant was only given a $1000 fine and a suspended sentence instead of being jailed.

Let's look at others, Paris Hilton constantly getting away with driving without a license or under the influence. Or lasting in prison a couple of days.

R. Kelly got away with loads on invalid search warrants despite the evidence existing.

I could go on, so please don't try and limit to me to the celebrities I'm mentioning because I could probably list loads more. So yes it's quite obvious celebrities get preferential treatment.

Do you really think celebrities get the exact same treatment/punishments that regular people receive???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,380 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/3208146/Kerry-Katona-Cheryl-Cole-is-biggest-chav-going.html
    Cheryl Cole has been blasted as the "biggest chav going" by kebab-munching single mum-of-four Kerry Katona. One-time Atomic Kitten and reality star Kerry also blasted Cheryl, 27, for duping fans and failing to reveal anything about herself when she appeared on ITV1's Piers Morgan's Life Stories last month...................

LOL

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Christ there's some serious pot calling the kettle black there.

The irony in that is unreal.

• Advertisement

Hugh Grant was only given a $1000 fine and a suspended sentence instead of being jailed.

Let's look at others, Paris Hilton constantly getting away with driving without a license or under the influence. Or lasting in prison a couple of days.

Hugh Grant should have been jailed in your opinion - that's harsh and not common practice for what he did.

I know plenty of drink drivers who have never been jailed unlike Paris Hilton.

Zsa Zsa Gabor and Robert Downey jnr have also been jailed.

I feel in many cases the opposite is the case - the public (not pointing any fingers) get bloodlust when these cases come up.

Hugh Grant should have been jailed in your opinion - that's harsh and not common practice for what he did.

I know plenty of drink drivers who have never been jailed unlike Paris Hilton.

Zsa Zsa Gabor and Robert Downey jnr have also been jailed.

I feel in many cases the opposite is the case - the public (not pointing any fingers) get bloodlust when these cases come up.

Hugh Grant should have been jailed, not on my opinion, but on the fact that the law prescribes imprisonment for it.

Paris Hilton should have been jailed because the law prescribes it and she is a persistent abuser, the fact that other people do it as is a complete cop-out. Sure she's driven to court when she's been banned from driving, its taking the p!ss. Do you really think a regular person would have been released from jail days into their sentence and allowed serve time at home.

Also, Downey Jr. got four years sentence and spent less then one in prison.

Zsa Zsa Gabor got 3 days in jail for hitting a police officer, do you think if I hit a police officer I'd only get 3 days?

People get bloodlust for these trials because they see celebrities like Paris Hilton etc taking the absolute píss out of the legal system, driving drunk etc etc and get away with it while they get jailed for tv licenses etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭AnneFrank

AnneFrank wrote: »

It's a good example as the young man who died was witnessed as having started the trouble.

No offence meant to the man's family - that's why I didn't mention his name - but it's important for this point to be established.

you did mention his name the mod removed it !i understand what point your trying to makebut the circumstances are very differant lets be honest,one got a black eye the other is dead,giving some one a slap who started trouble is fine by me,killing them by jumping on their head isint imho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 claresey

Wow!
    On the Chezza Cole thing - I just dont get the obsession with her - I think she is absolutely stunning - no question about that, but thats all I get from her! I dont like her style of clothes, and I tend to disagree with a lot of her comments on XFactor.
    I think Danni is a touch of class and a good role model in comparison.

AnneFrank wrote: »

you did mention his name the mod removed it !

No - I mentioned Dermot Laide's name not the young man who died.

• Advertisement

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a288903/cole-in-tears-over-macdonald-comments.html
    Cheryl Cole was reportedly left in tears after Britain's Next Top Model judge Julien Macdonald criticised her fashion sense.
    According to The Sun, the X Factor judge appeared to be "sobbing and devastated" when the designer made the comments at a party hosted by Sarah Harding.
    He apparently said to her: "What the f**k are you doing? Who are you trusting and who are you working with? What are you thinking? Look in the mirror."
    A source said: "Everyone was having a good time until Julien launched into a tirade of abuse. He went into a big rant. Nobody could stop him. Cheryl thought he was joking at first and told him to 'f**k off'. It was unnecessary.
    "In the end Cheryl ran off crying. She was sobbing and totally devastated. The things he said were pretty cruel. It would have hurt Cheryl as he is a very big name in fashion. Julien was pretty drunk but it's no excuse. He did it in front of everyone."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a289141/cheryl-cole-fought-back-against-macdonald.html
    Cheryl Cole reportedly "fought back" against Julien Macdonald when he allegedly verbally attacked her at a party.
    It had been claimed that Cole was left "in tears" after the designer insulted her fashion sense during a recent event at Sarah Harding's home.
    However, a source told The Mirror that Cole in fact responded: "Get out of my face... F**k you. Did you hear what I said? F**k you."
    The alleged insider said of Macdonald's initial outburst: "It was really abusive. Julien just started going off on one, saying she looked like a chav with her hair and that her dress sense was 'hideous'.
    "It was totally out of order. He really tried to humiliate Cheryl. But he was lost for words when Cheryl fought back.
    "She wasn't about to take it lying down. Cheryl was with friends and having fun. The last thing she expected was a public ear bashing from Julien."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 FreeEducation

I read today in the daily mail that she might not get a visa to america because she hit that woman in the toilet years ago. This is what made me laugh when watching the X Factor, she was so shocked when one of the girls auditioning hit her friend, and yet she has her own conviction for punching someone in the face.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1334558/Cheryl-Coles-assault-conviction-stop-US-X-Factor-judge.html

What gets me about her is the strange way she moves, or rather, barely moves, as if every movement, every smile is deliberate, thought about before-hand, almost like a robot - a robot dressed in gold sparkly dresses that is very pretty, granted, but a robot nonetheless.

Comedian Morgana Robinson as Cheryl and Dannii

What gets me about her is the strange way she moves, or rather, barely moves, as if every movement, every smile is deliberate, thought about before-hand, almost like a robot - a robot dressed in gold sparkly dresses that is very pretty, granted, but a robot nonetheless.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT???!??!?

SHE'S THE NATIONS SWEETHEART FOR GODS SAKE!!!!!!!

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

^ FECK OFF with that sweetheart crap, the sad thing is...she belives it!!

^ FECK OFF with that sweetheart crap, the sad thing is...she belives it!!

I know, its incredible. Every week Dermot O'Leary says it on the Xfactor at least once.

And you're right. she is starting to believe her own hype.

Ashley should get her to stop using his surname if that can be done let her go back to Cheryl Tweedy

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ashley should get her to stop using his surname if that can be done let her go back to Cheryl Tweedy
    agreed, she is divorced for god sake, when i got divorced i couldnt wait to get rid of marriage name, still hate her even before the piers morgan interview. she gives me a pain in my ##le. if she wasnt on xfactor i would watch it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Tina Turner kept her name even after Ike beat 7 colours of sh1t out of her.. it's her stage name.. can't see her ever changing it back tbh..

cats.life wrote: »
    agreed, she is divorced for god sake, when i got divorced i couldnt wait to get rid of marriage name, still hate her even before the piers morgan interview. she gives me a pain in my ##le. if she wasnt on xfactor i would watch it.

Well after investing a lot of time and money and effort in the Cheryl Cole brand, to change the name could be costly and lose her recognition.

It's fine for people who know her and have followed her if she has a name change but for all those people on the periphery of knowing who she is (as well as the American market) to have one artist releasing material under different names can be quite puzzling for those who aren't hugely familiar with her and can lead to market confusion.

I think she is an absolute @rsehole at the best of times, but it would be hugely detrimental to her career (at this stage) to start recording under a different name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

Well after investing a lot of time and money and effort in the Cheryl Cole brand, to change the name could be costly and lose her recognition.

It's fine for people who know her and have followed her if she has a name change but for all those people on the periphery of knowing who she is (as well as the American market) to have one artist releasing material under different names can be quite puzzling for those who aren't hugely familiar with her and can lead to market confusion.

I think she is an absolute @rsehole at the best of times, but it would be hugely detrimental to her career (at this stage) to start recording under a different name.

Yeah,just stick to miming :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭cazzzzz

Cheryl Cole is an absolute talentless idiot...... i actually like Lily Allen..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

only really became famous after she met Ashley Cole, before that she was just another good looking mimer in a girlband. Its a combo of her playing to her celebrity/showbiz lifestyle and the marraige to Cole that kept her famous for so long. Also been a judge on a show thats got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with music helps

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭corkgirl88

cheryl cole rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Fox!

i think cheryl tweedy belongs on a council estate,she just got lucky

Too shay! I'm new to boards but I do think that Cheryl Cole is a skinny skank that couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and only got were she is today through meeting the right people and telling them what they want to hear and always playing the victim any chance she gets but then again what would I know I'm only one narrow minded person:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Rabble Rabble

Dave Fox! wrote: »
    Too shay! I'm new to boards but I do think that Cheryl Cole is a skinny skank that couldn't carry a tune in a bucket and only got were she is today through meeting the right people and telling them what they want to hear and always playing the victim any chance she gets but then again what would I know I'm only one narrow minded person:rolleyes:

You mean touché and even then you got the meaning wrong.

And if you think people belong on council estates then you are a bigot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Dave Fox!

You mean touché and even then you got the meaning wrong.

And if you think people belong on council estates then you are a bigot.

You shouldn't start a new sentence with the word AND but coming from a council estate you most likely would not know this but I'm not going to judge. Your also a fan of Cheryl and.....
    Wait a minute is that you Cheryl????

Dave Fox! wrote: »
    You shouldn't start a new sentence with the word AND but coming from a council estate you most likely would not know this but I'm not going to judge. Your also a fan of Cheryl and.....
    Wait a minute is that you Cheryl????

You shouldn't believe everything your teacher said in school. It is not grammatically incorrect to start a sentence with 'and'.

And so now you know!

• Advertisement

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2011/01/12/ashley-cole-moves-kayla-collins-into-marital-home-as-ex-missus-cheryl-cole-finally-moves-out-115875-22842861/
    Ashley Cole moves Kayla Collins into marital home as ex-missus Cheryl Cole finally moves out Ashley Cole is moving back into the marital home – while also moving ofrom his ex-missus...As Cheryl finally moves out of the lavish Surrey mansion, five months after their divorce, footballer Ashley, 30, plans to play house there with new girlfriend, 24-year-old blonde Kayla Collins.Less than a month after they started dating, he is bringing Kayla from the States to stay on an “indefinite” basis.The I’m a Celebrity... star and Playboy Bunny is flying in this weekend.An excited Kayla, who is leaving the Playboy mansion with Hugh Hefner’s blessing, has already said to pals about Ashley: “It’s the real deal.” And she tweeted yesterday: “Hello. Good morning. So many errands to run and things to do before back to the UK.”

Advertisement