Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance question

Options
  • 17-05-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

not sure if this is in the right place but here goes anyway. Is there any chance of an 18yo provisional driver gettin insured on a circa 2000 peugeot 106gti or citroen saxo vts?? i was planning on waiting til i got a full licence tho as i presume id have better luck. should i keep dreamin, lol.

I should say that i will only be named driver under my dads name if that would make a difference.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

p-nut wrote:
    not sure if this is in the right place but here goes anyway. Is there any chance of an 18yo provisional driver gettin insured on a circa 2000 peugeot 106gti or citroen saxo vts?? i was planning on waiting til i got a full licence tho as i presume id have better luck. should i keep dreamin, lol.

I should say that i will only be named driver under my dads name if that would make a difference.

cheers

Ye id fancy your chances of getting insured under your dads name, best option is go to the britton insurance website and put in your dads details, add yourself as a named driver and see what kind of quote it'll give ye.

I know that getting insured on the VTS used to be easier than getting insured on the GTI even though they share the same engine. Thats probably still the same with a good few companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Had a normal 00 Saxo and then got a VTS and by god they are fast little things.

Your insurance will be about the same price as the car! Prob better going on the folks insurance.

Have fun!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

p-nut wrote:

cheers

They probably won't quote you as said. When you get your full license they will quote you but it will be an extortion. When you hit 25 insurance gets cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

layke wrote:
    When you hit 25 insurance gets cheap.

lolz. I'm 27 with a full NCD + a 30% discount for an advanced driving test and I'm paying 1,500.

Though I suppose I was quoted 425 fully comp on a 2.0 Celica....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Ive tried gettin a few quotes under my own name online but it seems nowhere will quote a young provisional driver. I plan to wait til next month when i turn 18 anyway, so i will have held my licence for a full year and been driving for a full year also. Will this make much of a difference, that i have no claims or points as a name driver under my mams name for a full year??

Can anyone recommend any insurance brokers that will insure a young driver on a saxo vts??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

p-nut wrote:
    Ive tried gettin a few quotes under my own name online but it seems nowhere will quote a young provisional driver. I plan to wait til next month when i turn 18 anyway, so i will have held my licence for a full year and been driving for a full year also. Will this make much of a difference, that i have no claims or points as a name driver under my mams name for a full year??

Can anyone recommend any insurance brokers that will insure a young driver on a saxo vts??

yeh quinn recognised my four years named driver experience so they did

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭hannable80

Does anyone know who does kit car insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

p-nut wrote:

wont make a difference, once you hold a prov licence your classed as a learner.

I got a surprisingly good quote, but it doesnt start til my insurance on my mams car is up on the first of july, when i have a full year behind me.

bang on 3k fully comp as a provisional driver on a saxo vts is quite good i think:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

3grand, are you mad?
    HOW is that good?
    I got quoted 1700 on my pug 206 when i started driving under my own name and i got a letter to say i done 10 driving lessons with a driving instructer and it dropped to 1400. granted it was only a 1.6 not the gti but still.
    3 GRAND?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Citroen Saxo VTS
    1.6 (1587 cc) 16 valve - 120 bhp - 0-60 in 7.2 seconds - top speed = 127 mph

Peugeot 206 1.6
    1.6 (1587 cc) 8 valve - 90bhp - 0-60 in 10.6 seconds - top speed = 110 mph

30bhp more
    3.4 seconds quicker to 60mph
    17mph more top speed

Thats why the Saxo VTS insurance costs alot more, its a far superior car performance wise

draffodx wrote:
    Citroen Saxo VTS
    1.6 (1587 cc) 16 valve - 120 bhp - 0-60 in 7.2 seconds - top speed = 127 mph

Peugeot 206 1.6
    1.6 (1587 cc) 8 valve - 90bhp - 0-60 in 10.6 seconds - top speed = 110 mph

30bhp more
    3.4 seconds quicker to 60mph
    17mph more top speed

Thats why the Saxo VTS insurance costs alot more, its a far superior car performance wise
    and why i love it so much and think that its well worth the money:D

Advertisement