Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mourinho To Stay?

• 17-05-2007 11:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭

Any opinions on this? 1.39-1.5 on the back/lay sides now.

Chelsea have come out and said he is staying and talk of him going has died down. But I just get the feeling that he is going to leave, judging the reactions of Terry & Lampard after they lost the Premiership and were knocked out the Champions League. Even for Terry, who cries quite a bit God love him, it seemed a bit over the top. Mourinho hinted at something in an interview recently, saying that the season has been very difficult for reasons only him and his team know about. At one point this season insiders were saying there isn't even a question of him staying. He's gone. Throw in the unpredictability and ruthlessness of a billionaire Russian "businessman" and there are plenty of reasons to think Mourinho will go. Even after Chelsea's statement. Abramovich wouldn't even fork out for Ben Haim in January which is surprising as he has an affinity for Israel and is bringing in some Israeli football people into the club (the exact same thing is happening at Sunderland with Irish staff and players) and he may feel Mourinho has had his chance (Mourinho has dug his own grave in some respects but it would be a bad decision to sack him in my opinion). Drogba is talking about leaving this week...All pointless speculation you might say.

You could have had 3/1 or better on him leaving last week, which is a good price in my opinion, but it's come in this week.

(All prices Betfair)

Advertisement