Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Live Bans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

aye got meself banned alrite

any reports on if a reflash to the original settings will cure it?

tbh it looks like a case of if you EVER played burned games online, coz i hadnt played an online game in over 30 days and was still banned today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Spuddie

Helix wrote:

tbh it looks like a case of if you EVER played burned games online, coz i hadnt played an online game in over 30 days and was still banned today
    Out of curiousity, what time exactly did you get banned and what drive do you have ?

it was banned when i came home today, turned it on about maybe 8.30pm

ive a hitachi i think

its modded about 6 months now

I've a hitachi myself, but its only been modded since the past two months.

Was playing online at about 10.30pm - 12.00 without any problems though.

Whatcha think my chances are of staying bannless ? :(

very slim id imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Helix wrote:

Well i have heard mixed reports some saying that this will work,

However a good friend of mine has been banned and tryed that with no success.

At the moment no one knows whats the exact reason is, with lots of reports of people who have never touched their FW also getting banned.

Also, I was playing H3 most of the night and still no ban for me,

Everything working fine.

Just to confirm,

Went on to H3 Beta again there and still no ban,

This is with a backup of crackdown,

Launch x360 with Hitachi 47d

Cant remember what FW but a very very early one

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i havent turn my xbox 360 on yet but even if i connect to xbox live to download some demos , will i get banned?? or is it when you are playing games online thta you get banned would it be at risk with my modded console??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 pspdude

no you cannot connect to live, marketplace or anything, it bans your 360s serial number and it will fail when trying to sign in unfortunately.

ive been reading a lot on different forums and people going crazy over this, calling microsoft all kinds of names under the sun but seriously, what do they expect to happen??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

thegame wrote:
    i havent turn my xbox 360 on yet but even if i connect to xbox live to download some demos , will i get banned?? or is it when you are playing games online thta you get banned would it be at risk with my modded console??

It seems Microsoft have been gathering information regarding modded consoles for quite a while now. If you've been playing backups online recently then its likely your machine has been flagged and you've already been banned.
    The change is not what will get you banned. We've been speaking to someone who claim's to have some technical insight into the update. His claim's are that the new update gives the dash the ability to dump the eeprom to do crc checks on area's. He said that the instant the update was ran, it was checked and flagged if data was altered. One of the main reasons I believe him is because he mentioned the fact that the 360 now takes about 3 seconds longer to boot. This would definitly be a result of dumping the eeprom and checking. MS will now start rolling 'waves' of bans over the next few weeks, and not all at once. I think they do this for their support staff, publicity, and image.

So, likely, the console was flagged already, and changing wont do anything at this point. All of the heads are togeather on this one, and we should know more about the routines being passed between the drive and the console in the next two days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Yeah The Snakes is banned now as well damn!!!! I'm not subscribed to Live but used it for game updates demos etc. Looks like there is no way round it as Ms take the unique id of each console. It doesn't matter if you downloaded Halo3 demo either as I've not, looks like they have a way of id'ing modded firmwares. Anyway as I'm not a big online gamer I'll live with it.

Snake ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Does anybody here use Xlink Kai? I used to use it years ago for the old Xbox. Not nearly as good as Live but great if you just want to have a free bash against someone you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Yeah The Snakes is banned now as well damn!!!! I'm not subscribed to Live but used it for game updates demos etc. Looks like there is no way round it as Ms take the unique id of each console. It doesn't matter if you downloaded Halo3 demo either as I've not, looks like they have a way of id'ing modded firmwares. Anyway as I'm not a big online gamer I'll live with it.

Snake ;)

Have you ever played a "backup" on live?

doesnt seem to matter if you ever played a backup or not

its a simple case of firmware different to original = ban

Helix wrote:
    doesnt seem to matter if you ever played a backup or not

its a simple case of firmware different to original = ban

Its definitely not that simple,

I am still playing h3 with burned crackdown and modded fw and still no ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

WellyJ wrote:
    Its definitely not that simple,

I am still playing h3 with burned crackdown and modded fw and still no ban
    MS will now start rolling 'waves' of bans over the next few weeks, and not all at once

How does this explain people with original FW and never modded getting banned?

Nope actually never played any backup on live, latest rumour is that the spring update added something to check the drive firmware and if it doesn't match it sends info back to MS. So you might not have been banned in the first wave, but its on its way. No biggy for me as I said, If I want I'll by a core or else wait for the elite to be released and buy that. As people have said these are the chances you take, I made the mistake of updating to soon. I'd say folks who didn't do the update should be ok.

Snake ;)

WellyJ wrote:
    How does this explain people with original FW and never modded getting banned?

just means they havent been banned yet, but they will be in one of the next rounds of bannings

im not too worried anyway, im sure someone is working on a way to change your consoles signature or an alternative to live that you connect to through your pc ala the one for original xboxes

I'd say folks who didn't do the update should be ok.

you cant get onto live without it tho can you?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

I got banned this morning was working grand last night but now x-box live not working at all :mad: didnt even get to play halo3 beta..

Helix wrote:
    you cant get onto live without it tho can you?

Well I held off for a good week before upgrading and I was able to get onto live no problem, when console started up it asked if I wanted to upgrade which I said no, but was still able to use live. Its no biggy really if anyone really needs to get on live they can just buy a core new or second hand and apparantly still use their Live account to login, its just the modded console thats banned.

Snake ;)

I was banned yesterday anyway, fairly pis*ed off about it.

Luckily enough I found someone who doesent play online and was willing to trade me his non-modded 360 for mine. ;) Had to give him all my backups with it though.

Back on live with only two games.

Wooo......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Spuddie wrote:
    I was banned yesterday anyway, fairly pis*ed off about it.

Luckily enough I found someone who doesent play online and was willing to trade me his non-modded 360 for mine. ;)Had to give him all my backups with it though.

Back on live with only two games.

Wooo......:(

lost the originals did we? ;)

lost the originals did we? ;)
    There's always one.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I'm still o.k. for now ;) *waits for banhammer*

Still fine here,

Dont think i will be banned but if i am hopefully its after 10th of June :)

Xtreme Online FW is being worked on right now,

But it will only be for those who werent banned yet or those who go and buy a new box,

Anyone who is banned is still screwed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

I think its going to be very hard for them to undo the live ban because every console would have a unique key which would be unable to changed. But hopefully they might get it!

Clever by Microsoft, they know most folks banned will go out and buy another console to play on live thus increasing the sales of xboxes, if I did by a core there is no way I'd flash it as they'd figure out how to id them again.

Snake ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Clever by Microsoft, they know most folks banned will go out and buy another console to play on live thus increasing the sales of xboxes, if I did by a core there is no way I'd flash it as they'd figure out how to id them again.

Snake ;)

Yeah, also they didn't ban any accounts which protects their bragging rights about the amount of xbox live users.

Advertisement