Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some comic related trailers

Options
  • 18-05-2007 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

A full animated version of Calvin & Hobbes may never see the light of day due to Waterson's refusal to "sell out" his characters in any shape, way or form. We can however enjoy this unofficial short created at at the CFP Milano film school by student Donato Di Carlo.

And the teaser trailer for Persepolis super super excited for this! couple of the animators working at my studio worked on this last year and from what they say its going to be fab

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

The Persepolis trailer looks great, it matches up really well to her drawing style.

Calvin and Hobbes I'm not so sure of - the animation was decently done, but the voices were way off and I kind of agree with Watterson's whole stance on licensing the characters. Calvin in a cartoon is never going to sound quite like Calvin in my head (or in anyone else's head), and I think I'd rather keep it that way. As an unofficial thing it's bloody well done tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Persepolis is after winning the Jury Prize at Cannes [it shares it with a Mexican film Silent light]

Advertisement