Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael vote is for the Greens

Options
  • 18-05-2007 1:51am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Anyone notice Trevor Sargent's head? That its abnormally large? On the debate on Wednesday his head took up half the screen...........pity its filled with hot air. Seriously though he does have a really big head.

Anyway the Greens would destroy this country. For those voting Fine Gael - your actually voting Green too but you dont realise it yet. You will because Trevor will have environment portfolio............not good. He will oppose every road development and insisit we all hop on busses or trains. :(:(:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Hector Gilbert

darkman2 wrote:
    insisit we all hop on busses or trains.
    I don't see anything wrong with that! I hope to never have to drive a car in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

If you weren't a PD supporter I'd be inclined to think this was a spam.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

clown bag wrote:
    If you weren't a PD supporter I'd be inclined to think this was a spam.
    Well im not so how can it be spam? Im simply stating the point that a vote for Fine Gael is a vote for the Greens.

What has the size of Trevor sargents cranium got to do with politics?

Don't vote green cos Sargent has a big head? is that your point?

clown bag wrote:
    What has the size of Trevor sargents cranium got to do with politics?

Don't vote green cos Sargent has a big head? is that your point?

Yes.

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    Yes.
    yeah, thought so.

clown bag wrote:
    yeah, thought so.

Good at least we agree:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

darkman2, like it or not, there has been a huge imbalance in the investment of public transport versus that of roads in this country over the past number of years. The Greens want to readdress this imbalance. Because unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of driving cars and are forced to take public transport. We deserve a transport system that can meet our needs.

A vote for Fine Gael is a vote for Fine Gael, a vote for the Greens is a vote for the Greens. No official pact has been made yet, and while chances are the Greens will go into government with FG and Labour, it's still all to play for and nobody will know for sure what will happen until after the election.

honest question darkman:- How drunk are you right now?

marie_85 wrote:
    darkman2, like it or not, there has been a huge imbalance in the investment of public transport versus that of roads in this country over the past number of years. The Greens want to readdress this imbalance. Because unfortunately, not all of us have the luxury of driving cars and are forced to take public transport. We deserve a transport system that can meet our needs.

A vote for Fine Gael is a vote for Fine Gael, a vote for the Greens is a vote for the Greens. No official pact has been made yet, and while chances are the Greens will go into government with FG and Labour, it's still all to play for and nobody will know for sure what will happen until after the election.

Ah but Fine Gael, Labour WILL need the Greens if they together have the numbers which I will admit is unlikely but still I dont want the Greens within walking distance of Government. This has changed my vote from Fine Gael to Fianna Fail. Your Coalition would destroy our country.

• Advertisement

clown bag wrote:
    honest question darkman:- How drunk are you right now?

I dont drink:)

I dont smoke pot or anything either (unlike a certain minister)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

darkman2 wrote:
    Ah but Fine Gael, Labour WILL need the Greens if they together have the numbers which I will admit is unlikely but still I dont want the Greens within walking distance of Government. This has changed my vote from Fine Gael to Fianna Fail. Your Coalition would destroy our country.

Jaysus, ease up on the paranoia pills! Do you have any rational arguement against having the green party in government? It's not as if they'll have an overall majority allowing them to implement all their policies without any debate. Get a grip on reality ffs :)

darkman2 wrote:
    Yeah, have you seen the manifesto?? First step is destroy the economy. Then comes 'stop all the roads.' I think there's a section in there on killing farmers too.:rolleyes:

Seriously, what do you mean by 'destroy our country'? The Greens economic policy is actually the most sound and realistic, and isn't based on unrealistic growth like some of the others.

marie_85 wrote:
    The Greens economic policy is actually the most sound and realistic, and isn't based on unrealistic growth like some of the others.

Yeah and I just saw a pig fly by my window........will wonders ever cease:rolleyes:

Not just my opinion. I'm actually paraphrasing from the review the Irish Times did of it. At the end of the day, however, as McSandwich pointed out, the Greens aren't going to have an overall majority. All of their policies will be debated with whoever they go into government with and compromises are going to have to be reached on all sides.

darkman2 wrote:
    Yeah and I just saw a pig fly by my window........will wonders ever cease:rolleyes:

Tell me about it, there's one of the bastards hovering over my house in a helicopter. I wouldn't be reading this ****e if (s)he hadn't woken me up...:rolleyes:

McSandwich wrote:
    Yeah, there's one of the bastards hovering over my house in a helicopter. I wouldn't be reading this ****e if he/she hadn't woken me up...:rolleyes:

Yeah I know. Dont read the Green's 'economic' policy before you go to bed........Its not good for sleeping...and helicopters dont help:D

darkman2 wrote:
    Yeah I know. Dont read the Green's 'economic' policy before you go to bed........Its not good for sleeping...and helicopters dont help:D

Right now, if the greens promised to stop unecessary helicopter flights on environmental or any other grounds, they'd have my No. 1 vote :)

Seriously though, after reading their policies in detail I'm impressed with what the Green party have to offer having been quite sceptical beforehand.

McSandwich wrote:
    Right now, if the greens promised to stop unecessary helicopter flights on environmental or any other grounds, they'd have my No. 1 vote :)

Seriously though, after reading their policies in detail I'm impressed with what the Green party have to offer having been quite sceptical beforehand.

You mean Fianna Fail of course (a closet supporter:D ) Night.........

marie_85 wrote:
    Not just my opinion. I'm actually paraphrasing from the review the Irish Times did of it. At the end of the day, however, as McSandwich pointed out, the Greens aren't going to have an overall majority. All of their policies will be debated with whoever they go into government with and compromises are going to have to be reached on all sides.

Read that too, their opinion is that the green policies are the best considered and honest of all the parties. I'm inclined to agree..

• Advertisement

McSandwich wrote:
    Read that too, their opinion is that the green policies are the best considered and honest of all the parties. I'm inclined to agree..

Im not. Green Party = imbeciles.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

darkman2 wrote:
    Anyone notice Trevor Sargent's head? That its abnormally large? On the debate on Wednesday his head took up half the screen...........pity its filled with hot air. Seriously though he does have a really big head.

I was unaware that Mr. Sargent's cranium was disproportionate to that of the other speakers taking part in the debate.

However, if it were, what relevance would it have to the discussion? Do you have a problem with people with disfiguring attributes partaking in politics?
    Anyway the Greens would destroy this country. For those voting Fine Gael - your actually voting Green too but you dont realise it yet. You will because Trevor will have environment portfolio............not good. He will oppose every road development and insisit we all hop on busses or trains. :(:(:D

Why is encouraging people to use public transport a bad thing. What is the point in building more and more roads only for them to be clogged up with cars, a majority of them controlled by gob****es that can't drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

FF going bye-bye :) Sorry mate

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sonderval

Im not. Green Party = imbeciles.

What age are you man?

Have you even read the green party manifesto? Or are you afraid you may see something that you may agree with therein?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭The Rooster

I was unaware that Mr. Sargent's cranium was disproportionate to that of the other speakers taking part in the debate.
    Its definitely noticeable. Its because he's a bit weedy, and he has an awful hairstyle that exacerbates it.

However, I thought he performed really well on the Prime Time debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭da_deadman

darkman2 wrote:
    I dont want the Greens within walking distance of Government. This has changed my vote from Fine Gael to Fianna Fail. Your Coalition would destroy our country.
    darkman2 wrote:
    Green Party = imbeciles.

It seems like someone has been listening to Michael McDowell a bit too much with regards to the Green Party.

I thought it was great the way that John Gormley 'attended' the PD's publicity stunt in Ranelagh on Wednesday. :D It's about time that the PD's have been called for some of the crap that they've been talking about the Greens recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

darkman2 wrote:

The fact that you felt the need to engage in an ad hominem attack before addressing any real policy issues, just shows how laughable your arguments are.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Sonderval wrote:
    What age are you man?

Have you even read the green party manifesto? Or are you afraid you may see something that you may agree with therein?

I am wondering that myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Somebody ban this fool for spaming.

Seriously the mods have to start clamping down on these people just starting random idiotic threads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fianna Fail voters, you don't realise it yet but a vote for Bertie's team is a vote for Sinn Fein. Its a vote for the Green Party. Its a vote for Labour. Its a vote for any party or person that FF can touch with the cold clammy hand of political incompetency, and get them to cross over to the dark side. Have you seen the jowls on Cohen? I mean really.

Advertisement