Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marty Friedman & Paul Gilbert

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Yea that was class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,706 ✭✭✭Voodu Child

Hilarious banter between the two of them as well, that anecdote about the midget nun was classic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hilarious banter between the two of them as well, that anecdote about the midget nun was classic..

Oh yeah, that one just had me in tears! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I'd never noticed Marty's strange right hand position before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DCorkey

Heres the two of them on some japanese gameshow,sorry if its been posted before http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W744PD_1NSc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Paolo_M

MattKid wrote:
    I'd never noticed Marty's strange right hand position before

Ya, it's bizarre lookin'! Most teachers would try and beat that out of you but it seems to work for him. Don't get how he manages the upstroke of a sweep though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

There was a youtube video on friedmans vibrato but can't find it now. Anyone have the link?...by the way you have to see his very early exotic metal DVD. He comes across as being under the influence of some very sedative substance whilst talking but once that weird RH kicks in.,.....man. That 5 note Descending pentatonic run he does at the beginning is quite amazing. I recommend that ...it's phenomenal. I thought i was half decent before i watched it ...but now ...well.....bottom of the barrel springs to mind. I'm pushing on too so it's a tad worrying. :(

Advertisement