Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

would clans not scout!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2007 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

instead of recruiting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

just to add in....
    and not to blow my own horn.....im a half decent 2142 player....and maybe bf2...
    BUT i wouldnt ask can i join a clan...
    id rather someone ask em if i wabted to join...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Yeah....!!1

..... Stupid clans!

dunno if your serious or taking the piss.
    but meh...
    yeah!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Scouting would be good.

Scouts play on other servers (non-clan) to see who plays well by joining squads , playing as squad leader etc

Invite players to join a game on the clan server so they can play with clan members on a particular day

See what they are like and if they get along well, ask them back.

If things still go well, extend an invitation to join the clan.

would mean that the clan gets players it has selected instead of getting 20 applicants and going "any of you good at X? . No ? well, you can sit over there until one of our other players is ill or has bad connection".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭Evd-Burner

we do both tbh wiv ya, i have personally recruited alot of people by scouting but it takes a very long time and it is impossible to use a non clan server, i normally use my clan server as it is a very popular server and is always ranked...

Certain regular plays u see on it become very good, i then start to become friends wiv em and invite em onto ts, if there a good laugh on ts and still good in game they'll be asked to join the clan...

But this tbh is on of the hardest ways to recruit...

Alot of good players ya get are from other clans where they have left etc etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote:
    just to add in....
    and not to blow my own horn.....im a half decent 2142 player....and maybe bf2...
    BUT i wouldnt ask can i join a clan...
    id rather someone ask em if i wabted to join...

No, a clan can't spend all its time asking every player, would u like to join u would like to join would u like to join :eek:
    As then they would get a mish mash of players, some kids, some adults, some who play regularly, some who maybe only play every now and again :eek:
    Ppl would just come and go and the clan size may spiral

However, when a player asks to join a clan can find out more about him, the player obviously has asked for a reason, so the clan KNOW that he's interested...instead of just joining to have a tag before his name :eek:

Also, some clans charge small fee's, or expect regular attendance, a clan can hardly recruit 30 ppl then say...now yous all have to pay 10 every 3 months.

At least a player looking can find a clan which he likes, which suits his gaming needs and can joim them by asking.

Instead of a clan asking and basically playing a lottery and hope they come accross 1 decent member whod be willing to play with them and come on voice commss etc

Recruiting is the simple option, its saying " we are taking on players" and giving the players the option to play with/against the clan and decide for themselves whether they feel suited to the clan or not

Scouting is time and effort, and mostly wasted. As if someone is v.good at the game they know themselves that the option of clanning is out there and would prob join if they wanted and not be waiting to be scouted.

I wouldnt hold your breath waiting

Go look for clan that suits you, the games you play, fee's no fee's, amount of members, structure, ranks/no ranks, own servers, voice comms,etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Unless its on your own server its a big no no to recruit players on other servers, its considered very very bad form. VOIP in game of course means that you can now talk to prospective players etc.

We dont recruit based solely on skills, imho that would lead to a clan of dicks. If you are a team player, regardless of how good you are, and we get on with you and vice versa then we would ask you to join.

We have kicked some players from our clan who had amazing skills, but where obnoxious pricks who just got other players backs up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Why scout when we get like 20 join requests a week. its too much work and then ya get these guys who are all on for it that day then ya never hear from em again. Most of our members comming in now are friends of friends but we get the odd out sider. As it is we have loads of BF2 players and not enough 2142 players so an recruiting we would be looking to do atm is 2142.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

tbh, any player that u have to chase to get into your clan isnt worth recruiting.

finding a clan and asking to join is the first sign of dedication and is what clans look for.

Any player that thinks they should be asked to join has arrogance issues - being a good pub player has very little relevance to a clan. - being a server regular with a friendly demeanor would

holsten get magnet so u can play matches ya sap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

4:00am man, that's my time to shine!

• Advertisement

Hercule wrote:
    tbh, any player that u have to chase to get into your clan isnt worth recruiting.

finding a clan and asking to join is the first sign of dedication and is what clans look for.

Any player that thinks they should be asked to join has arrogance issues - being a good pub player has very little relevance to a clan. - being a server regular with a friendly demeanor would

holsten get magnet so u can play matches ya sap!

i agree...if you have to chase them, no point in askin...but id say some people would jump at the chance when asked first time.

Advertisement