Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oh Noooo! The White Knight RIP

• 18-05-2007 8:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭

I'm gutted. Today, I made a fatal error. I put my fave white shiny tracksuit (known as "The white knight" to me mates) in the wash with me red and white sunderland jersey. The white knight is now the pink knight! Well, only the arse of it is discoloured. So, basically I know have a shiny white tracksuit with a bright pink arse. Thanks for listening to me at this difficult time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

you can get some stuff in the supermarket (cant remember what its called - but you'll find it with all the detergents) you mix it with water and soak the infected clothes in it...
    worth a try if you truly love your "white knight"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Tweeky B

All is not lost...I would say the best plan is to put in in with something black and turn yourself into a 'Black Knight'. Black is the new white annway ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I would say, a white tracksuit, jaysus, couldn't be arsed with the maintainance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

White shiny tracksuits are the king of tacky.

SDomething only black gangsters can pull off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Think of it as an opportunity.

Most scumbag fashions seem literally incomprehensible the first time you see an example of them on the street (eg those ridiculous looking stripy hoodys, or women walking around the city in their pyjamas) but then as more and more scumbags follow suit it eventually becomes almost 'normal' in appearance.

This is your chance to be the latest chav trendsetter. You could be "the pink queen" of Dublin City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Nordie

Femmy wrote:
    you can get some stuff in the supermarket (cant remember what its called - but you'll find it with all the detergents) you mix it with water and soak the infected clothes in it...
    worth a try if you truly love your "white knight"...

There's stuff called Colour Run, would that be it?

She's from Tallaght!lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

why the hell would you want a white shiny tracksuit in the first place?!even if you are from tallaght

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

HeheI was gonna make a bitchy remark about the tracksuit but I see others have gotten there before me so I'll leave it :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

She's from Tallaght!lol
    Um, he's a boy (and a doctor, iirc). Enough of the knacker jokes, they're petty and vaguely ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

what does iirc mean? But, yes, the legend that is the OP wasn't lookin for opinions on the white knight's fashioin value (coz we all know I make a white trackie look good lol), I just wanted to air my deep upset at what is an upseting time for me, and anybody else who knows and loves TWK :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I feel your pain, my dad's great in that he dpes the washing and ironing but he'll always do it so as to destroy my clothes :(

Laika wrote:
    Um, he's a boy (and a doctor, iirc). Enough of the knacker jokes, they're petty and vaguely ridiculous.
    God.Where is the Trinity "uber alles" spirit gone?

I dind't go to Trinity coz I didn't feel they had a white knight friendly culture :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Oh, this is so sad. But there are some baboons up in the ezZoo who'd like to make friends.

some ppl get wound up very easily. All i wanted to do was share my pain :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

tallaght01 wrote:
    I'm gutted. Today, I made a fatal error. I put my fave white shiny tracksuit (known as "The white knight" to me mates) in the wash with me red and white sunderland jersey. The white knight is now the pink knight! Well, only the arse of it is discoloured. So, basically I know have a shiny white tracksuit with a bright pink arse. Thanks for listening to me at this difficult time.
    good!! a SHINY, WHITE tracksuit?!! i rather think someone up there was helping you by removing it from your wardrobe selection.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

good!! a SHINY, WHITE tracksuit?!! i rather think someone up there was helping you by removing it from your wardrobe selection.... :eek:
    Divine Intervention :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

All I can make out is that you destroyed a white tracksuit in the wash. Why is this a problem? ;)

• Advertisement

I didn't quite destroy it. I've managed to salvage it to an extent. Now only the arse is pink. Though last night, I was sitting round the flat in the white knight, when I decided to go for a walk to the shops. Wandered out for about 15mins. It was only when I got back I realised I had strolled round the west end of glasgow with a big pink arse on me white jocks. So, the pink knight has made it's first public appearance. First of many, I reckon :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Wait a few weeks and see if the local lads follow suit. :D

lol, I think you and I know it's only a matter of time :P

Advertisement